“Best Prime Rib ever... friendly waitress.. 10 year tradition!”

Fireside Steak House
Ranked #61 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Every year we visit the region for hiking and/or our anniversary, and every year we are not disappointed. We asked for a mountain view seat and were given a great spot overlooking the High Peaks.

The 10 oz. prime rib at $15.95 is always what I ask for (rare), and they ALWAYS deliver it perfectly. Mashed potatoes are super creamy and the vegetables just the right amount.

My husband is vegetarian, and he just loves the potato skins. Some of the best he has ever had! Nice and crispy on the outside and cheesy on top! Ubu ale on tap is a favorite as well.

Staff are all lovely and the young hard-working waiters/waitresses are a fine bunch of students/young adults.

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to seeing you all next May 2015!

1  Thank ADK_Dreamer
There are newer reviews for Fireside Steak House

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

waited 30 minutes, as 3 other waitstaff continually walked by, just for drinks. Food was the worst I've ever had, crab cake was 99% breadding, scallops were half cooked.I couldn't get anyone to take my money, waited 7 minutes in front of bar..... finally. Mamager was extremely unprofessional

2  Thank 1Robinsnest
Reviewed August 21, 2014

waitress was young and lacked menu knowledge. I ordered a filet mignon medium well and it came rare with three pieces of broccoli one almost as big a ping pong ball the other two were smaller and one, I say one quarter size piece of carrot and a small cereal bowel for my salad nothing else for 27.00. the bread was warm and I did have beer. The waitress apologized for forgetting us after our meal so we skipped desert and left....
won't be back

2  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed August 20, 2014

After reading so many negative, even scathing, reviews of the Fireside Steak House, I was determined to avoid it. But a number of factors – such as proximity to near my motel and my burning desire for a slab of good beef – prompted me to toss caution to the wind and venture inside. From the first moment I entered, I began to feel that those who had written the negative reviews probably had something wrong with their GPS and confused Fireside with another establishment. They surely could not have dined at the same Fireside that I did.

My bottom line is to give Fireside high grades. Here’s why:
1) The setting in both the traditionally-rustic room and glass enclosed porch is terrific.
2) The service from everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating – from the receptionist, to the server, to the bartender and to the proprietor who was cruising the room to make sure all guests were enjoying themselves.
3) The quality of my prime rib was excellent and was prepared prefectly to my medium-rare specifications. The side dishes were crisply prepared. Everything was tasty and enjoyable.
4) The wines offered by the glass were of decent quality and very reasonably priced.
5) The atmosphere was convivial without being raucous or imposing. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

What, I kept asking myself, could possibly prompt horrible reviews? Maybe those reviewers hit Fireside on a particularly bad day. Such things do happen. Or maybe my day was an exception. Whatever. But all I know is that on my day Fireside delivered a terrific meal in a lovely setting at a good price. That’s why I’ll be back.

1  Thank ChuckNYC
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I love this place !- the location is perfetc for viewing all the action in town --
you can sit out on the balcony and watch the Finishers for the Ironman all day ! All the action is right there -- and you have a birdseye view!- The food is great - the people are friendly the service is terrible - Most of all on a damp, cold or snowy night -- its perfect for sitting by the fire and just warming up and having a great meal!

2  Thank Pambo133