“Stick with the appetizers!”

Fireside Steak House
Ranked #65 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were in town for college hockey playoffs and wanted to have nicer dinner but stay close to the rink so we chose this restaurant. There was a great selection of appetizers. I had the homemade lobster and shrimp bisque- which had large chunks of seafood and was very smooth. My husband had the steamed mussels. They were a little salty but very clean- no sand! Then we waited and waited for dinner, as was everyone else (more than 30 minutes for entrees). When dinner finally came, we were not impressed unfortunately. My husband ordered a steak, medium well, and when it finally came it was just over rare (very bloody). His baked potato was rock hard and the vegetables were lukewarm. He hate half of his meal before the waitress came back to check in. (We were hungry and wanted to get back for the second hockey game) I ordered Florentine pasta with shrimp, scallops and spinach. It came in a huge bowl and included 3 shrimp, 2 scallops that didn't taste right either accompanied by a box of creamed spinach and a box of pasta. I would recommend stick with the appetizers.

1  Thank Suzanne H

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Was on ski trip to Whiteface.With many options to choose from, we decided on the Fireside. My parents took me and my wife here for dinner, to celebrate my birthday. We all ordered steak, and all were very impressed. Service was great and timed well. Michelle, our waitress, even treated me with Birthday song and Dessert! Would definitely return!
Kevin T.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I recently ate here and was not impressed. It's a steak house but the meat was only so-so. They returned our call when we made reservations, then when we arrived we were told they don't take reservations. Service wasn't great and it took a very long time for our meals to arrive. All in all not a great experience

3  Thank Labrdors
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Im not one to write negative reviews but it was bad. First there was a wait so we were told to wait at the bar upstairs (understandable). I ask the bartender what beer he has and he says I dont know but we have alot so u name it ill have it. Anyways I pay for 2 drinks and I watch him get the change but he got distracted and pocketed my change. I question him on it and hes like "I was wondering why you tipped so much" Im generous but $10 for a $10 tab is too much.
Than came the dinner. I will say they were busy but it was not organized at all. Id see people come before me and still wait for food. It took us 1.5hrs to receive our meal after apps.

Im easy going and dont like to complain but there are alot better restaurants. Dont waste ur time or money here

4  Thank JBlanchard79
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice place, good food, good service. Steak was cooked perfectly, but didn't have any seasoning, the vegetables had no seasoning. Smashed potatoes were not ready yet & we were there at 6pm. However the Cajun Crabcake was my most favorite thing I ate all weekend.

1  Thank Alisha H