“Service makes this place a winner”
Review of Chair 6 - CLOSED

Chair 6
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Service makes this place a winner”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I dined here on New Year's Eve 2014. Our reservations were at 9:15pm, pretty late, partially because we got to Lake Placid late and partially because we tried to book something fairly last minute. Long story short, when we got there the restaurant was out of certain menu options, which wasn't a big deal, since it was nothing we would've selected anyway.

The location is a bit off the beaten path, which I felt was a plus. We wanted a romantic night out, which meant no loud and rowdy crowds, kids yelling, and general hustle and bustle. Chair 6 fits the bill perfectly. It is quaint because it is actually a house in a residential area. It is small... we counted maybe 9 or 10 tables that can seat two each. And it is quiet and very intimate.

I'll be honest about the food... it was average at best, particularly considering the price. The prices for dinner entrees were pretty high. We ordered soup - butternut squash. That was pretty good, although a bit too sweet. My wife also ordered a green salad, which was good. For her entree, my wife ordered ravioli and I got swordfish.

The ravioli were too sweet for my wife's taste and also used butternut squash. It seemed like the chef tried to use a few ingredients in multiple dishes. The fish was okay, although a bit too salty. I also had pretty bad indigestion afterward, which I very rarely get. So average food and not a whole lot of bang for the buck.

As for drinks, I don't think Chair 6 has any beer on draft. I ordered a Belgian Wheat beer, which came in a can. My wife got iced tea, which came in a bottle.

That being said, the service was absolutely superb. Everyone was extremely friendly and nice. We were checked on multiple times. And the staff even got a taxi for us. Having eaten at countless restaurants at this point, I have to say that the service was well above anything we expected and the best I have ever received.

Thanks to such excellent service and great romantic atmosphere, I think this place is a winner and I would recommend it to couples vacationing at Lake Placid.

1 Thank Masyunya

“Yummy yummy yummy”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved this breakfast and I will be going for lunch and dinner. Just love great food and there are so many menu choices that I will enjoy exploring. Also gluten free friendly menu, made this a highlight of our vacation.

Pennington,NJ
“Bad Day I guess”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Not in a very good location, pretentious crowd that day that did not seem to like kids, someone was served a bad glass of wine. Our food was alright. The best were the soups and chili. The final straw was they charged us $8 for a piece of pumpkin cheesecake that my daughter wanted. Not worth the price and disappointed here. I don't see it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Naturefreak
London, United Kingdom
“Oasis in the snow”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

What a sight for sore eyes, snowy eyelashes, numb fingers & toes & empty tummy's Out walking with the family, looking for breakfast on the coldest day of the year and then out of the snowstorm came Chair 6, what a find. We couldn't believe our luck, thought we were walking to nowhere. We were greeted so warmly and seated quickly. Fantastic menu and then fantastic specials, unusual dishes, trout & spinach omelet, sweet potato hash, sweet potato pancakes to name a few. So worth the trek and the walk back to the village didn't seem, so bad !

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“"If it's not made here, it will not be served here"”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a quote from Charlie the owner/chef. If you're looking for a creative, fresh, seasonal menu this is the place for you. I would consider myself a VERY picky eater and in my opinion, Chair 6 is the best restaurant in Lake Placid. The staff is friendly and works hard to provide excellent service. The environment is romantic yet kid friendly. The menu has a huge selection of fresh ingredients and Charlie will visit your table to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. What more could one ask for? We can't wait to return………..

• Visited November 2013