“Oasis in the snow”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 21, 2013

What a sight for sore eyes, snowy eyelashes, numb fingers & toes & empty tummy's Out walking with the family, looking for breakfast on the coldest day of the year and then out of the snowstorm came Chair 6, what a find. We couldn't believe our luck, thought we were walking to nowhere. We were greeted so warmly and seated quickly. Fantastic menu and then fantastic specials, unusual dishes, trout & spinach omelet, sweet potato hash, sweet potato pancakes to name a few. So worth the trek and the walk back to the village didn't seem, so bad !

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a quote from Charlie the owner/chef. If you're looking for a creative, fresh, seasonal menu this is the place for you. I would consider myself a VERY picky eater and in my opinion, Chair 6 is the best restaurant in Lake Placid. The staff is friendly and works hard to provide excellent service. The environment is romantic yet kid friendly. The menu has a huge selection of fresh ingredients and Charlie will visit your table to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. What more could one ask for? We can't wait to return………..

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We read the good reviews on Trip Advisor so thought we would give it a try. Thank you Tripadvisor, we were blown away by the service & quality of food.
The Owner / chef came out at the end of our meal and solicited feedback from each table. This little building serves some fine food that is truly delicious. The beer menu will make you chuckle too.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in lake placid this past weekend for his 30th bday. I came across this restaurant after reviewing all the restaurants in the area prior to our arrival in lake placid. We went there for breakfast. Looks like an old house - as if you're having breakfast at someone's house. We both ordered the crab eggs Benedict. Fresh real crab which was a bonus. We also ordered a jar of Greek yogurt from a local farmer. I had the strawberry rhubarb and my bf ordered the raspberry flavour. Delicious! Wish I could have this yogurt every day. The service was ok. I'd go back for breakfast next time we visit!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had the best breakfast ever. Tried several specials & some from the menu. Everything was delicious Go very hungry!!!