“Tasty dinner!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Set in a small and spartan room that looks and feels like an addition to this residence, Chair 6 doesn't exactly feel like an upscale restaurant. Luckily, the food and service lived up to the hype and we had an enjoyable time here. We had the beet salad, the veal steak and elk (both specials that evening), all of which, including their respective sides, were excellent. The reasonably priced wines were very good, too. I had higher hopes for the flourless chocolate cake, which I found to be just OK.
Add to this the excellent and attentive service and you have a very enjoyable dining experience.
I think more could be done to make the existing space more appealing, and I'd highly recommend replacing the cheap Ikea steak knives with better ones, but all in all very good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great selection and yummy homemade jams on the table.
Nobody could finish their meals:) Friendly staff. Will visit Chair 6 again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I went on the weekend of Oct 13th, 2012. The food was outstanding. We are foodies to the core and this place ranks as one of our all-time favorites. This place is so cute and cozy. Not only is the staff refreshingly sweet, the chef, Charlie, was spectacular. We made friends with our table neighbors and it was so much fun. It really was a surprisingly GREAT time. I recommend the Halibut, the best I ever had. We were so impressed we ordered two dishes to go to take back to our hotel for the next day. The wild boar and shank were just as delicious the next day. We cannot wait to go back and may take a trip solely to do so. Thanks for one of the best meals we have ever had.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were in Lake Placid last week to celebrate our wedding anniversary. After reading the reviews I emailed the restaurant to make reservations. Anyway, now I know why it's called Chair 6. There are only 6 tables in the dining area! (One was a double table so 7 tables).

The food was fine but for a wedding anniversary celebration...definitely not romantic. The dining area is so small, the tables are close together, the lighting was too bright, can't remember if there was music playing in the background. Maybe there was. We each had a glass of house wine, soup and main course. Cost with tip was a little over $100.

I had told "Charlie" in the email what we were celebrating. After reading previous reviews I thought he might visit our table or offer a complementary something but we got nothing. He came out and chatted with people at some of the other tables but not ours.

Would I go back there? No. Sorry Charlie!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner during a mid-week visit to Lake Placid. This cozy restaurant is not obvious when you drive through the town, but had excellent service and even better food. We both opted for the "5 course sampler" and were wowed by the quality, variety, and size of what the chef prepared for us. They obviously use only the freshest ingredients. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank Erin H