“Don't think twice!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Utica, New York
“Don't think twice!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Considering all the choices from "trip Advisors" list for best restuarants in Lake Placid --we picked Chair 6. This was based upon the website menu, When we arrived , we were shocked at being informed their specials for the evening were as extensive as the menu. Our waitress was superb and very knowledge of everything the chef/owner had prepared. In fact later he told us if they don't prepare it..they don't serve it. We all three had different salads and enters. No room for desert but next time. The food presentation was was beautiful and the taste was a culinary delight! We can't wait to return. Trying to figure out how to have 3 meals here starting with a wonderful breakfast menu. Doing this all in one day! Ha! Thank you chef for DEFINITELY making our choice #1.
Chub And the Two ladies

Lake Placid, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have been here many times for breakfast. Food is fresh and presentation is always excellent. Not a ton of seating but worth the wait!

Visited July 2012
Belleville, Canada
“Sweet Potato Pancakes & Trail Lunches to die for!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A popular spot for hikers to hit before a day on the trails, not only for the sweet potato pancakes (don't go nuts on them - one is quite filling) but also for high-quality trail lunches. Sandwiches here are made from real meat, not processed mystery meat-like product, and artisanal bread. If anything, they're too big for some appetites, but half sandwiches can be ordered. Tip: order your sandwich before breakfast, then it will be ready for you when you finish breakfast. You can also drop in the day or evening before and order your trail sandwiches, ready for pickup when they open at 0800.

Taberg, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Faboulous Find”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a quite intimate dinner during our anniversary stay in Lake Placid. After being disappointed in some of the places on the the main strip we decided that getting away would be a better choice. As we pulled up to the restaurant it seemed a little odd as the establishment is actually converted house and you end up parking behind it. But after convincing my wife to go in we were very happy with our choice. Chair 6 is a cozy litttle place with wonderful ambiance. And in perfect honesty, the food was absolutley AMAZING! I enjoyed corn chowder as an appetizer and a veal porterhouse as my entree with a peanut butter chocolate mousse pie for dessert. And every bite throughout the meal was pure pleasure. The veal was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth and the pie was one of the best dessert I haveever eaten. My wife chose to go out on a limb with the tasting menu, as she isvery hard to p,ease.and doesn't usually like surprises. After explaining to our wonderfully helpful and personable waitress items she didn't care for or couldn't eat due to her being pregnant she absolutley loved a stellar 5 couse meal. The way my wife described it was, "It is like the chef looked inside my head and picked out all of my favorite things and cooked them better than I thought they could be! All in all I would recommend this restaurant to any small party looking for a wonderful dining experience. My only recommendation is to make sure you have a reservation as the seating is very limited, we lucked out with out one and were seated promptly but I wouldn't take the chance again now that I have been there.

1 Thank SeaRanger67
Maryland, USA
“Oh, Charlie!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

One of the challenges in writing a Trip Advisor review is in deciding whether you are going to rate the establishment within the context of its locality. Do you impose the same standard of excellence for a restaurant in a rural area as you would for a restaurant, say, in Rome or New York City? Or, are you willing to give five stars to a restaurant in Lake Placid, knowing however, that if it were 300 miles to the south, in NYC, it would only deserve three stars? With Chair 6, the small, boutique, Lake Placid restaurant, the question is moot. It is so good that it can compete against the major leaguers in NYC; it deserves it's five stars no matter what your frame of reference is.

While Charlie, the chef/owner, is not on the farm team, he does use farm fresh ingredients in creating his culinary magic. Starting with an amuse-bouche served in the tiny dining room (yes, having a reservation really is helpful), you are then confronted with a wide choice of menu items and daily specials spanning all vegetarian and carnivore interests. We four diners ranged in our entree choices from filet mignon, to veal, to lamb, to duck, after having started with a beautiful corn chowder and salads. Each dish was prepared and presented just right, and Chef Charlie came out of the kitchen to check with his diners on whether they needed any adjustments. Dessert choices were enticing baked goods worthy of a patisserie in Paris.

Don't be fooled by the setting - a modest house on the main street seen while entering Lake Placid. You expect to pass through the front door and see the kids playing a board game on the living room floor, with their dad in the Lazy Boy watching sports on the flat screen. Instead, you are seated in a comfortable room that once may have been Aunt Pauline's bedroom during her extended visits, and given a sophisticated menu which, at a glance, signals you to the delights soon coming your way. This is dining not to be missed.

Congratulations and thank you, Charlie.