“Delicious, unique and a little off the beaten path”
Review of Chair 6 - CLOSED

Chair 6
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of dining @ this lovely restaurant while in town visiting friends. The menu is small but well designed to accommodate many different palates. I choose a Kurobuta Pork Chop with a Dijon maple cream sauce. The huge pork chop arrived perfectly cooked and accompanied by some seasonal vegetables. The maple cream was delicious and surprisingly not to sweet. I often hesitate to order salad because so often the lettuce is less than fresh. I was delighted to receive a house salad which was lovely and super fresh with a nice balsamic vinaigrette. My friend ordered the fish of the day; swordfish and the arugula and spinach salad. Her swordfish was large, fresh and perfectly cooked. In fact she said it was the best swordfish she ever had. There is a small but thoughtful wine list and a nice selection of beers to go with your meal.

All of the portions were more than ample. In fact sadly we had no room for dessert, although they all sounded great.

The dining room is small probably only seating 15 or so patrons at a time but they do take reservations. There is free parking out back. Both the chef who came out to say hello and the waitress were charming and accommodating.

I'm very much looking forward to going back for Why not Wednesday, a 3 course special (appetizer, entree and dessert) they run on Wednesdays for $20, and breakfast too!

2  Thank VioletTree
There are newer reviews for Chair 6

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Had dinner here with my family over the weekend and we all really enjoyed it.
My Mom said it was the best pork chop she's ever had - and she's had many!

We were all very impressed with the food and can't wait to go back again. I liked the small dining room and the owner/chef (though a bit quirky) aimed to please.

1  Thank Peepsy
Reviewed September 12, 2011

From the reviews here you probably have already concluded this place is a little quirky. If you want perfect and polished and clockwork, try somewhere else. But for fresh ingredients, good and creative cooking, a simple and cozy atmosphere, personable and interesting chef/owner and staff, a relaxed meal, something you will remember. . .go here. We had dinner and then returned for breakfast the next morning (or was it afternoon?) with our family, and wished we had another day for another dinner!

1  Thank DCBiztraveler
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is a little off the beaten path - but well worth going!! This was recommended by the hotel we stayed at and we decided to try it out for supper. We were not disappointed. The menu looks small but the chef's specials are extensive - which the server will tell you about upon arriving.

They serve great bread to start and also on this visit we had a free sampling of shrimp. My husband took the halibut and myself the lobster risotto. I also order a salad which was fanastic! The cherries were so fresh and in season it was like having candy. Total meal came to 65 dollars - no we did not have drinks other than pop but what we had was well worth our money.

As other reviews said - the chef came to see us which was lovely.

The cake we order was also great - texture was spot on. By far this was the best meal we had in Lake Placid.

1  Thank DeniseEric
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Went to chair 6 because of the reviews. To find two girls smoking outside.then we sat outside and waited an hour for lunch and no one was there. Paid 8.95 for a sandwich that came with nothing but a pickle and stale baguette.and the whole time we ate I kept looking at our waitress wearing big flip flops. No hair net.and no gloves and she made our lunch....never again...YUCK

5  Thank adkdiva