“GREAT PIZZA AND SERVICE”

Mr Mike's Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 101 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Little Ferry, New Jersey
“GREAT PIZZA AND SERVICE”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Especially right after the Ironman competion! They took care of us right away. Thanks!

No dislikes at all!

Visited July 2013

Syracuse
“Excellent pizza and sandwiches..”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped at Mr Mikes on an overnight trip to Lake Placid with our grandkids. We wanted a place where everyone could find something on the menu to enjoy.
The pizza was great! I was happy to see they had wine on the menu too. My husband had a meatball sub which he really enjoyed
We went on a Sunday evening and they were pretty quiet. I did notice they had a lot of takeout business while we were there . We were greeted and seated by a very friendly young lady.
Our waitress was also friendly and efficient.
The restaurant is quite large , clean and well lit.
I would definitely recommend Mr Mikes

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Excellent dining experience here.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We checked me us out on line and decided on Mr. Mike for pizza and salads.
The host who seated us was very pleasant. The waitress was very attentive and genuine, and the pizza was amazing! I consider myself to be somewhat of a pizza connoisseur, so I was amazed qt the quality here in out of the way Lake Placid.
The kitchen is open to the dining room which created an interesting ambiance.
We so enjoyed our meal that we actually had to tell the manager about it on our way out.
We can't speak to the other food items, but the pizza here is gourmet

Upper Jay, New York, United States
“My daughters favorite restaurant EVER!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My daughter raves about Mr.Mikes but why? The best pizza ever! She replies and trust me others do to. One of my friends that we met on a getaway said that she has traveled around the world and Mr.Mikes has the best pizza ! They also have a terrific staff that's very friendly and accommodating. Also they are super fast getting the food out to everyone even on busy holidays. I know some of you readers might be thinking well one of my kid(s) does not like pizza. Well that doesn't mean that you shouldn't go there!! They have all sorts of Italian food that your child will like or your biggest child (cough) husband. For example ; Calzones, Ravioli , salads, pasta or bruschetta. That is why Mr.Mikes is my daughter"s favorite restaurant EVER.

Terryville, Connecticut
“Service?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

For several years, at least ten, probably more, my friends and I have spent the 4th of July weekend at the Adirondacks. We climbed, hiked, shopped in Lake Placid, and camped at Whispering Pines. Another fun part of the weekend was the July Snowball Fight in front of the Skating Rink. This was preceded by Pizza at Mister Mikes, a tradition of ours.
This year, Mister Mikes was disappointing as well as frustrating. The family salads they serve are incredibly good, the pizza acceptable and the location perfect. This year, Mister Mikes was frustrating. We called a day before to make reservations, as we always do, because of the size of our group, nineteen. A side room was set up for us. Most of our group arrived a little earlier and requested beverage service. The waitperson said they would have to wait until the entire group was seated. Within ten minutes, the last four of us were seated. The waitperson came in and took the beverage order, including the requests of the four younger persons in our party. The beverages were served soon after, those for the adults first, then several minutes later, the chocolate milk and apple juice. But, one chocolate milk was not served. To assist the waitperson, we had written the entire order out and reviewed it to facilitate service. Ten minutes later, when the four year old in our party still had not received his chocolate milk, I went to the front desk to request the missing drink. A four year old is entitled to better than that.
The wait person came in and said that the food would be slow because the kitchen was backed up. We did notice that there were only four other tables in the restaurant other than ours, all with less than four guests. Twenty five minutes later, the salads arrived. Given my past experience in food service, I failed to comprehend this as salads are prepped ahead of time in most establishments. The pizza finally arrived! But in order to be served the side orders on anchovies that were originally requested, in writing, another trip to the front desk was needed. Ten minutes after serving the pizza, the waitperson decided to present us with the shakers of grated cheese, hot pepper, and salt and pepper! To complete our experience, the final pitcher of beer had a foamy head. That was from the soap residue left in the pitcher!
Will we return to Mister Mikes next year and recommend it to our friends? The answer is pretty obvious.
Albert J Carilli