“Order the scallops!”

Ranked #23 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A perfect Adirondack evening begins at the Lake Placid Club Boat House on the pristine shores of Mirror Lake, in the center of Lake Placid Village. The diverse menu is sure to please all featuring seafood, steaks, pasta dishes & savory items from the grill. The Lake Placid Club Boat House provides a truly memorable dining experience - dining indoors amidst classic "Arts & Crafts" decor, or seasonal outdoor dining on our large deck - all with spectacular sunsets, overlooking the lake and the Mackenzie mountain range. The Boat House is the perfect spot to view all the lake activities from boating & swimming to ice skating & dog sled rides. The cozy fireside seating area and bar are great spots for enjoying cocktails and delicious desserts. Our wine list features organic and sustainable farming wines. Children’s menu & take out available. Ample free parking. Private lake side dining rooms available for special events.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband had a steak that was cooked properly and was good. I had the scallops and they were by far some of the most well cooked that I have ever eaten! View from the window was spectacular.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to the Boathouse because of the location and proximity to our hotel (Hampton Inn). The view was spectacular and was by far the best part of the meal. I had Weiner Schnitzel for $25 and I got 2 large breaded cutlets that were Ok on a mound of french fries which were straight out of a freezer. My wife had Crab Cakes that were Ok with tasteless mashed potatoes. The service was efficient but it felt like the restaurant where all of the tourists go and the locals stay away from. Not worth the trip of the price.

1  Thank David U
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had dinner here while visiting Lake Placid. We were seated right by a window,and even though it was getting dark, there was a beautiful full moon shining right over Mirror Lake - the setting couldn't have been lovelier! I had scallops and my husband had steak; they were both very good and so was the service. I was accidentally served baked cod and took a bite before realizing the mistake - it was also delicious!! I would definitely go back here. The food is very good but you just can't beat the view!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had dinner here our first night in Lake Placid since we were staying at the Crowne Plaza. The food was delicious, the French Onion Soup especially! Great service and atmosphere with lovely views of the lake. The crab cakes were delicious as well the scallops, vegetable struedel and chicken curry. Very nice restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We made a reservation and had requested a seat near the water. We arrived early, and waited, until our reservation when were seated right by a window, just in time to watch the sun set over the lake. I had strip steak, it had very good flavor and was prepared as I requested. It was set on top of fries, might have liked a nicer presentations. My guest had the trout and thoroughly enjoyed it. Salad is a la cart, but good, the bread was nothing special and bland, but served warm. We had enough room for dessert, we both had the flour less chocolate cake, which was a great way to finish. Most of the staff we recognized from the Crowne Plaza, they were very attentive and very friendly.