“Excellent views of the lake”

Lake Placid Club Boat House
Ranked #23 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A perfect Adirondack evening begins at the Lake Placid Club Boat House on the pristine shores of Mirror Lake, in the center of Lake Placid Village. The diverse menu is sure to please all featuring seafood, steaks, pasta dishes & savory items from the grill. The Lake Placid Club Boat House provides a truly memorable dining experience - dining indoors amidst classic "Arts & Crafts" decor, or seasonal outdoor dining on our large deck - all with spectacular sunsets, overlooking the lake and the Mackenzie mountain range. The Boat House is the perfect spot to view all the lake activities from boating & swimming to ice skating & dog sled rides. The cozy fireside seating area and bar are great spots for enjoying cocktails and delicious desserts. Our wine list features organic and sustainable farming wines. Children’s menu & take out available. Ample free parking. Private lake side dining rooms available for special events.
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a good time with great food in a nice table for two overlooking the lake. When the sun goes down you can watch the last of the boaters head off the lake. The lights from across the lake and moon shinning make for a romantic dinner. There were mostly older folks out during the weekday night, which was ok since they keep things jovial.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went on a Wednesday with a local resident - that gave us a discount. I had grilled salmon with vegetables and couscous. The food was really good, but our waiter could have used a bit more training. My friend's mashed potatoes were cold, but the waiter replaced them. The sun was too bright on the porch until the sunset. Wednesdays seem to be very noisy,. One of the hosts said it was quieter in the kitchen than in the dining room. Parking was spacious.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

the location is fantastic and the food was exceptional - we had a small problem where the waitress had a serious attitude problem but that did not spoil the evening - amazing sunset

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I were there for a quiet dinner on a Monday night. We arrived without a reservation and were seated quickly in a table with a lovely view of Mirror Lake. Our server was prompt to present herself and was attentive throughout the meal.

The menu is not as food creative as some of the other places in Lake Placid, but that's part of what makes Boat House good - reliable food nicely presented. My husband's clam chowder needed to be thicker, but my Mediterranean Salad was great with lots of feta cheese and pitted olives.

We both had the steak combo with either shrimp or crab cakes. While the steak was just ok, the crab cakes were very, very good and the asparagus was yummy! We shared the maple creme brule' for dessert.

The restaurant sits directly on Mirror Lake and has a great view. There are tables outside on the deck, but it was drizzling rain. There is an awning and some diners were taking in the evening at those tables.

Parking across the street was fine. If you stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, there is a shuttle bus to and from the property.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at the Boat House the last two years while visiting Lake Placid. It has a pefect view of the sunset, and the food is equally impressive.

My wife and I each decided to have a salad instead of splitting an appetizer. She had a caprese salad, and I the caesar salad. Both were delicious.

For dinner, my wife had the salmon, which had a mango salsa, and I had the filet. The salmon was very good - the salsa fantastic. The filet had a wonderful flavor, but was a little over cooked.

The desserts were also very good. I was a little upset with my flourless cake because of the temperature. The waiter indicated the cake would come out warm, so I ordered a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with the cake. The cake instead came out cold - so I had a cold cake with a scoop of ice cream. Not what I had hoped for, or expected.

Our waiter was Dave - and with the exception of not knowing the cake would be cold - he was a wonderful waiter. He made recommendations on the dinners, and did well explaining the options. He was attentive to our needs, but did not rush us out from dinner. Being a resident of the area, he was also very knowledgable about things to do in the area, and made recommendations on the best hiking trails in the surrounding mountains.

They have a great patio with a great view looking back across Mirror Lake at the main street. The patio faces West, so it provides a great view of the sunset. You don't need reservations on most nights, but it can't hurt to make a reservation, especially if it's going to be a nice evening. They patio seating is first come, first serve; if it's not available when you arrive, it's worth the wait on a nice evening to be able to sit outside. The closer to the railing you can be, the better the breeze and the better the view.

Part of the patio is covered, so you can sit outside if it's raining, but it's much more worth it when the weather is nice so you can enjoy the sunset. Check the 10-day forcast, and plan your dinner at the Boat House on the night that should be the best.