“wonderful”

Cascade Cross Country Center
Reviewed August 5, 2014

wonderful hiking, not easy but the view is one of the best I ever saw.
Takes several hours. take water and snacks

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The reason that I give this a 4 and not 5 stars is due to the fact that the golf course, which is included in the center, was not groomed at all and the attendant said she couldn't remember when the groomer had been there last. I thought it was odd to charge people to go there without having groomed the trails. BUT the trails at the cascade center were great, we went late in the season (also probably why the golf course was un-groomed) and there was plenty of options to ski for all ability levels.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visited this past weekend for the Full Moon Party. We had great weather, and skiing through the moonlit woods at night was an awesome experience.

The first bonfire was about a 15 minute ski away (we are slow) and the second one maybe 15 minutes past the first one. Both were extremely packed with what must have been hundreds of people. The keg at the second one was kicked before we got there. Free hot dogs for all. Maybe there were s'mores, but we didn't see them.

Afterwards, we went inside to watch the band and I asked the bartender what she had for a cheap light beer. No taps, bottles, or menus were visible. She responded with a blank stare, followed by a pause, then barked "like a bud light!?" I said sure and that we wanted 2 of them, but she ran off before I could even finish my sentence. She returned with 1 beer and said it was $3. I explained that I didn't have cash (I would have said this before she went to get the beer if she hadn't abruptly left before I was finished), and that I actually wanted 2 beers. She b$tched me out about not having cash and walked away before I could increase my order or even explain myself. I should add that we paid for the Full Moon Party with a credit card, and there was a credit card machine sitting on the bar.

Now, I completely understand the ripoff that is credit card fees, which is why I asked her what the credit card minimum was before she ran off while I was talking for the second time. If it was $10, I would have asked for a 3rd beer and made it $11 or $12 with the tip. I also tried to ask her if there was an ATM somewhere but she wouldn't even answer my question. I went to the front to ask the door guy if they had an ATM; he said no (he was at least nice about it), so we just left.

I won't come back for the Full Moon Party after being treated so disrespectfully by the bartender.

2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Cascade Cross County Ski Touring Center provides everything that you need to go x-c skiing. They offer well-groomed trails, rentals, a ski shop where you can try the skis before you buy, a restaurant/bar and bunk rooms. They make the most of what snow they get and only open those trails that are appropriate. Their trails also connect with Mt. Van Hoevenburg and the Jack Rabbit Trail systems.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband goes to this place every time we are in Lake Placid. The staff is very helpful and friendly, it is very easy to get rentals. The trails are nice and fun to ride thru the forest. If there is not enough snow you could still ski on a golf course (we did it last year) :-) My only complain they open at 9am only. Why can't they open earlier? 7:30-8am perhaps? This way we'd have more freedom to plan the rest of our day...