“Great barbeque!”

Delta Blue
Ranked #49 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Delta Blue gets its name from the delta blues, one of the earliest styles of blues music originating in the Mississippi Delta region. The restaurant concept was created based on the influence of this southern region, famous for it's friendly hospitality and dynamic cuisine. Northern home for Southern food, drinks, and entertainment!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a mid-afternoon snack which consisted of spare ribs, onion rings & dirty wings (which the bartender recommended and he was right!) The food, drink & atmosphere were great! We will certainly visit again on our next trip to Lake Placid!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have lunch at Delta Blue on a day trip to lake Placid. Burgers, nachos and sandwiches were excellent. I had the pleasure of trying Maple Syrup Iced Tea, it was unique and enjoyable. Service was good, great spot on the street in downtown Lake Placid. Give it a try.

1  Thank Cyndee1980
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The only reason I give this place two stars is for the fact that the food was actually pretty decent. I went here with three other people on a Saturday night. I understand that it was busy but the service was terrible to the point of it being comical. It would seem that the restaurant was ill prepared for a weekend crowd; they were out of a lot of items and there were only three waitresses on hand. We were seated in a crowded area, an uncomfortable foot away from the other two tables so that there was no privacy whatsoever. The waitress seemed nice and she was definitely trying to accommodate us, but she was extremely flustered, forgetful and inattentive of us. When we got there it took about 5 minutes for her to come take our drink orders. Unusual, but not a big deal at first. When she did, my friend tried to order a sweet tea and she said that they were all out. We overheard at the next table that they were out of a few other items as well. We decided to order Pina Coladas instead. After another long wait she returned and told us that they only had enough mix for one Pina Colada. At that point we gave up on ordering drinks. My other two friends ordered a water and bloody Mary. When she came back after 10 more minutes, she brought the bloody Mary but no water. When we reminded her, she brought the water without a straw. By then my friend was dying of thirst. Overall, it took about 20 minutes; I have never been to a restaurant in which I had to wait so long to give and receive a drink order.

We ordered a few burgers, which were actually very tasty, but it definitely would have been nice if they'd come with a side of fries instead of a tiny bag of vendor chips. I ordered a side of okra and the waitress bought me a side of fries instead, which she switched, but then later charged me for both on my bill. She did not bring any an ketchup even though we had a table of three burgers and a large side of fries. We asked for ketchup and instead of a bottle which most restaurants would provide, we received one tiny sauce cup. For three people! My friend ordered a rib sandwhich which she said was extremely salty.

When we were done, I asked for a box for the okra, and instead she took it back to the kitchen and boxed it up herself; I'm pretty sure that is against health codes for any restaurant. She then came and asked about the checks. We told her separate checks and she repeated back to us, "ok separate checks". She came back with one check. At this point we were laughing at the rediculousness of the whole thing. We caught her attention again and told her separate checks, and this time she returned with mixed up orders on the checks. We felt bad and tried to walk her through it as best we could. Needless to say we did not give her a big tip. I have never under-tipped a waitress in my life, but it was hard to ignore how terrible she was. It seems to me that perhaps management needs to better train their staff and stock the restaurant. Also, in the end there was no live music, and instead a man was repeating "check one, two" into the mike for about 10 minutes; super annoying when you're trying to have a conversation and enjoy your meal. Never again.

2  Thank Mac1533
Brianna R, Manager at Delta Blue, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Delta Blue but I am happy to hear that the meals you had where enjoyable. I was able to talk to the server who had your table that night to go over the details of your experience.
Yes, Saturday nights are the busiest night of the week. Unfortunately what was not noticed, was that your server had her whole section seated at one time which can be very difficult to handle and she should have asked for help. Our server strived to meet your needs Saturday night but due to a heavy rush, we were not at our best.
Once again I am sorry you were looking for a more intimate dining experience. One thing that I do want you to understand is that Delta Blue is a Bar/Restaurant /entertainment destination. We have a down south Louisiana, Cajun, Creole, themed, ribs and chicken kind of place. We encouraged the “Family” style seating where you might be making friends with the table next to you while eating some of the best ribs, I guarantee you, in the North County. We slow smoke all our ribs, briskets, chicken and pork butts on our roof. Some times because of the long smoking process we will sell out of ribs and other smoked meats late at night but we see that as a good thing.
The next time your back in town I would love you to give use another shot. Email me at Brianna@nothwoodsinn.com. I will make sure you are well taken care of and make sure you bring your dancing shoes, let your hair down, I will buy your drinks and then enjoy the entertainment side of Delta Blue!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Saturday, the 23rd of February, my friend and I went to town to find something inexpensive, yet enjoyable. We got more than we bargained for at Delta Blue ! We were greeted by both a friendly warm atmosphere and hostess who gave us a fireside table. We were joined by a third friend who was equally impressed as evident by his expression of wonderment on his face. As a coffee lover, he rated Delta's as "Top Notch" and enjoyed his Eggs Benedict. We on the other hand ordered Shrimp&Grits and never dreamed a dish could be so perfect. We collectively gave Delta Blue three thumbs up !!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Brisket and Brunswick stew were excellent, as was sthe staff. The bar took on a great atmosphere as the night progressed nad it was the place to be on Main st !!!