“Good BBQ !”

Delta Blue
Ranked #41 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Delta Blue gets its name from the delta blues, one of the earliest styles of blues music originating in the Mississippi Delta region. The restaurant concept was created based on the influence of this southern region, famous for it's friendly hospitality and dynamic cuisine. Northern home for Southern food, drinks, and entertainment!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Brisket and Brunswick stew were excellent, as was sthe staff. The bar took on a great atmosphere as the night progressed nad it was the place to be on Main st !!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our family had dinner here and thought everything was good. The food tasted good and the drinks were great. Server was friendly and attentive. Great spot to stop for a meal.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have always enjoyed going over to delta blue for a drink once and while. The service is nothing to write home about but it has worked for our needs.
Unfourtantly after tonight (2/16), we will not be returning. First my boyfriend has gone over before me and I was going to meet him for a drink. It was busy which is understable since it is president's weekend. Yet after this experince, there was no need to be treated with such rudeness.
First my boyfriend had gone there and waited 10 minutes to get a beer. I finally was able to meet him at Delta Blue. We only wanted to each get one drink and then go home. Both of us had had a long week of working two jobs and +40 hours. We find a little table off to the side against the wall that was not being used with one chair. The rest of the tables and all the bar was packed and no seats. We grabbed a chair from around the corner and sat down. We were having a nice time then a man who worked there came over and told us we could not sit there because he needed the table to seat people who wanted food. We understood and got up. Yet as we stood around, and saw people waiting and heard people wanted to be seated, the table sat empty.
We looked over to the other side of the resturant and saw a table with coats right off the stage. Next to the table were two chairs side by side NOT facing the table and off the the side of the table. We were almost done our drinks so we thought to go sit there to rest our feet. Within three minutes the same man came over and told us that we could not sit there either. We were told that we were not allowed to sit there because that table is reserved for the band. The band was NOT sitting there! We tried to be nice and ask if we could finish our drinks and tried to explain that we were not in the way and the band was not even sitting there. We just wanted to finish our drinks and go home. He was just really rude and not nice.

4  Thank beachandsunbabe
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great Beer selection; warning though order at bar and you will get a pint glass; order at table with food and you will get a plastic cup?!? Gumbo was good; 2 at our table ordered it. I had 12 baby okra in mine; my friend had none.

3  Thank Marge H
Brianna R, Manager at Delta Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful input on the experience you had at our Delta Blue Restaurant. We are happy to see you enjoyed our draft beer selection and are happy to announce that we are crafting our very own Delta Blue Black Logger with the Local Blue Line Brewery located in Saranac Lake. I want to apologize for the variations with the Gumbo, I have addressed your concern with the Chef and we have taken steps to insure consistency with every meal. I also want to insure that the next time you visit Delta Blue your beer will not be served in plastic, and your drinks are on me just ask for Brianna.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have not been to Northwoods in a few years due to mediocre food, but I decided to take some friends in after skiing and was happy to have my opinion changed. We had some great cocktails and tasty wings that were more creative than the standard flavors you might expect to find other places. I also enjoyed the ribs and the bit of barbecue sandwich my wife let me try. I'm sure that we'll return.