“Enjoyable meal”
Review of Alegria Garden Cafe - CLOSED

Alegria Garden Cafe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World Cuisine using as many local and organic products as possible. Executive Chef: Richard Brosseau Sous Chef: Tom Morris
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ran in the marathon that morning, and had a big lunch. Was looking for something light and was in the mood for a salad. I asked at our hotel and they recommended The Alegria Garden Cafe. I described the salad that i wanted and they delivered. It was exactly as i described. Very tasty dressing, beautiful mixed greens, chopped strawberries and goat cheese. The rest of my party was very happy with their Pizza, Spring Rolls, and burger. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. We had a couple questions and the owner came over and helped us. The restaurant decor was very nice, nice table and chairs were very comfortable. They have outdoor seating with tiki torches lit around the perimeter. Hope to go up to Lake Placid again and will make sure that I visit again.

Andrea F, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

It was a pleasure to meet you and serve you. We always love it when we can provide the little extra to make your visit special. Thanks for the vote of confidence. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had breakfast there. A little pricey but food was decent. Service was weird...very smiley, acted like she was going through the motions, but forgot extra cream for coffee 3 times...appologizing repeatedly. Didn't bring spoons for coffee. Had to ask for them. It was almost like the wait staff was new. In between forgetting what they were doing, they gathered at the bar and chatted it up about body piercings and what ever else...my hearing isn't that good, but I didn't want to hear that at all.

ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, the breakfast staff is new as is our breakfast service. We are working out a few kinks, but would like to bring you the excellent food and service for breakfast as we have been for dinner.

I am sorry I was not there that morning. I hope you will come in again when you are next in town Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had breakfast here because we were staying at the hotel connected to this restaurant. The menu seemed good, simple, and reasonably priced for the most part. I ordered the french toast with strawberries, my boyfriend ordered some sort of sausage gravy and biscuit thing, my friend ordered the yogurt and granola parfait and her husband ordered eggs and bacon, all fairly simple breakfast foods... we came in and were seated, the restaurant was small, but nice looking. we ordered pretty quickly and our drinks came out relatively quickly.
Then the waiting began.... we waited for probably 40 minutes, the drinks were refilled but no explanation was offered as to how long it would be for our food to get there. Finally, my friend asked the waiter how long our food was going to be, explaining that we'd waited for so long, then magically the food came out 2 minutes after she asked. There is absolutely no excuse for our meals to take that long, and the food was mediocre at best. The previous day we had breakfast at The BC(breakfast club) and it was so delicious so our bar was set high. i was expecting fresh strawberries on my french toast and it was syrup with frozen (like still cold... should have had time to defrost in 40 minutes) my boyfriend said his food was good, but they were out of home fries and didn't offer a substitute, the toast they brought out for my friend's husband didn't have butter on it or on the side, and for how long we waited it was not worth it. they did comp my friend's yogurt at breakfast, which was a nice gesture but not enough to get me to recommend this restaurant to anyone else

ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for the opportunity to explain what happened on your last visit. It was just our 2nd weekend doing breakfast and yes the breakfast staff was all new. I had to be out of town that morning, so I am sorry that I was not there to help. I have had the chance to talk to the staff about the way to handle a situation that arose that morning. Right before your party came in they had about 35 other guests come in with 2 very large parties arriving with no warning. In the future, the staff will know to let other parties as yourselves, that they can get you coffee and drinks, but that it would be about a 25 minute wait before they could take your order. That way you could make the decision to stay not at that time and now how long it would take for your breakfasts to be cooked.

We do pride ourselves with the fresh ingredients that we serve, farm fresh local eggs, homemade biscuits, etc. I can guarantee you that the strawberries were fresh. They are made into a fresh strawberry syrup for the waffles, but they are make from fresh not frozen strawberries. The butter should have been put on your plate for your toast. Again additional training to make sure that these details are attended to with every dish.

I do hope you will give us another try when you are in the area. I apologize that your experience was not the joyous experience that we would like all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant was a little gem. We stumbled across it during our morning walk. It is not on Main Street, but overlooking it. Located in the lower level of the Summit Hotel, and directly across the street from High Peaks reception. Cozy little restaurant that boasts an outdoor patio during the summer months. Chef was extremely accomodation with my gluten/egg allergies. He is apparently gluten intolerant himself, therefore goes above and beyond to satisfy your needs! They even serve gluten-free bread, as opposed to dinner rolls.
Had the filet-mignon with risotto. The meat was an excellent cut, and was cooked to perfection!
Will definately return.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at Alegria. We are glad that we were able to accommodate your dietary needs and that you enjoyed your meal.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ate here while staying in hotel above. I had a $9 salad. While it was a yummy dressing, it wasn't worth $9 for lettuce. Friend had a $15 burger, which was just average tasting. I also went one evening and ordered a glass of wine and a can of soda, came to $13! Outrageous prices. Only went since were staying in hotel.

Andrea F, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. We have recently changed to a Market Driven Menu in order to bring the same delicious, local, organic (when available) food available. We hope you will try us again when you are in the area.