“Everything was good, but the crabcakes were to die for”
Review of Alegria Garden Cafe - CLOSED

Alegria Garden Cafe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World Cuisine using as many local and organic products as possible. Executive Chef: Richard Brosseau Sous Chef: Tom Morris
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Everything was good, but the crabcakes were to die for”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The staff was excellent, polite, knowledgeable, but the food was superb.
I had the crab cakes first and almost didn't want to spoil it with anything else.
The pork meatballs were almost as special. I went home pleased and full.
I was only in town for the weekend, but went back the next night.

Visited June 2012

Durham, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Richard Brosseau - Best Chef in Lake Placid”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife, sister-in-law and I ate at Alegria last week and the food was amazingly good. My wife and I have been following chef Richard Brosseau to various restaurants around the region for years, starting with the Wawbeek, then to Richard's FreeStyle, then the Interlaken, and now Alegria. The soft shell crab was to die for, and Richard recommended a wine that was a perfect fit as well. You must support Richard and Alegria to assure that this great chef stays in the Lake Placid area for a long time to come.

Mike McClurken and Jackie Eastwood, Durham, NH.

• Visited May 2012
Boston
“5 Big Stars - great food and service”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was a great restaurant. Just slightly off of the main drag (across from Dancing Bears), the Alegria was delicious.

The people were so friendly and welcoming there also. I had a potato leek pizza for dinner while my companion had soft shell crab. The drinks were *strong* and reasonably priced - if you like martinis for example, they make an incredibly strong potato leek martini. It was a great place - we sat outside which was very nice, but the inside has great lakeviews. I'd eat there again in a heart beat.

Visited May 2012
ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for joining us! It was our pleasure and we look forward to your next visit.
Flemington, New Jersey
“Lake Placid Gem”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This restaurant is an absolute gem! After our first visit we have gone back several times. The food is consistently wonderful and the choices are interesting and exciting. We loved the crab cakes (swoon worthy), the scallops were excellent, the tomato appetizer was exceptional. We also loved the fresh salads with herbs and the generous portion size makes this is easily shared. This little treasure also offers the classic steak and potatoes and lighter dishes like personal gourmet pizzas. We are impressed that they can offer local farm grown ingredients, organic chicken combined with high quality preparation and keep the prices comparable to all the other restaurants in town. Its wonderful that the patio is open, its just the perfect place to enjoy an evening with a great view of the lake. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2012
ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing Alegria Garden Cafe, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Norfolk, New York
“Dinner at a new place in Lake Placid”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The food was exceptional. The service was very good. They even called me and suggested moving my dinner reservation up a half hour because they were expecting a very large party group.

One comment about the very nice menu-when they know that they do not have a particular item that day they should either cross it off the menu or when we are seated the hostess should mention it. Two different entree choices were not available so my guest and I had to change our selections. The alternate choices were also very good but when you have decided on one thing then have to change the selection it is disappointing.

Visited May 2012
ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Mr. D,
You are absolutely correct and I humbly apologize for my over site. The fact that we had a large party coming in is no excuse for my forgetting to let you know that we were out of something on the menu. As I relayed later, our new menu is coming out on Wednesday and it just slipped my mind. Your kind reminder will keep my staff and me on our toes.
I am glad that you enjoyed the meals that you had and hope you will join us again when you are in Lake Placid.
Andie