“Food fondlers, bad service, dirty kitchen”

Main Street Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #45 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Authentic NY style pizza.Pasta dishes are fabulous and reasonably priced. Please try our Grandma's pizza, you won't regret it. Owner worked for Chef Michael Maroni who had a meatball throwdown with Bobby Flay and was a participent on Food TVs chopped. James has been in the business for 25 years. He owned a pizzeria on Long Island and currently owns Paradise Pizza in Key West, Florida.
New York City, New York
“Food fondlers, bad service, dirty kitchen”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

So we were looking for a quick bite on Main Street after our skating sesh across the street and decided to give this spot a chance. Big mistake. We ordered 3 slices and 2 chicken parmigiana heros. They were thrown for a loop. They did not have a house pie to divvy up the 3 slices and immediately told us we would be waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for a pretty normal order. We wound up waiting 20 minutes before there was any word back. When the order was brought out, they forgot one hero. She immediately ran back into the kitchen. She then realized she served pepperoni slices and began taking off individual pepperoni slices one by one. When we saw this, we asked what they were doing, they said that it was ok, the oven is heated at 375 and would kill any germs on their hands. what!? Unreal. There is a total disregard for health and sanitary standards and the schmucks in the kitchen got confrontational when they were called out on their gross handling of our order. In a nutshell, they are not prepared, handle food without gloves, think handling food is ok because they re-cook it in the oven and show their customers no respect by not acknowledging when they may have made a pretty glaring mistake

Visited December 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food, bad building”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The food is really great. The service is somewhat awkward, but pretty good. The atmosphere is bad. Old tables. Old tablecloths. Broken pillars. Stained ceiling.

1 Thank Steven H
Chicago, Illinois
“Dishonest employee.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The pizza was ok. Unfortunately when going over my receipts a month later I noticed that the credit card bill was a few dollars higher than my receipt. This was a pick up order not a delivery so I had not added a tip but apparently the girl working that night decided she was entitled to a little extra and added it herself. Hopefully this is not a common occurence but keep an eye on it or pay with cash.

james b, Owner at Main Street Pizza and Pasta, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
I am sorry about that. I would like to refund your money so if you could tell me the date and time so I can find the receipt that would help.Give me a call so I can resolve this matter with you.
James
518 637 3199
Saratoga Springs,NY
“Good food and friendly, quirky, funny service.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good food and friendly, quirky, funny service. Waiter likes to kid around with brain teasers, etc... Very nice.

Visited November 2012
“Must try!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had just arrived in town for the weekend and didn't really know about anything in town so we decided to try this place because it seemed simple but nice. We ended up enjoying the customer service as the counter gentlemen was also our server. He was very polite and personable. When the food came out it was delicious! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.