“Beats Georgetown cupcakes hands down ”
Review of Cake Placid

Cake Placid
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Placid
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Adirondack gourmet cupcakes and cakes. Bakery offering doughnuts, muffins, scones, cookies, coffee, etc.
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We live in northern VA and have visited all the DC cupcake shops and Cake Placid beats them all. Best cupcakes we've ever had. Heading back to DC and wish we bought more than 4. This place should be a must stop in LP and Adirondacks.

1  Thank Nysaao

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Let me just say I love baked goods. A lot. My boyfriend and I stopped by while in Lake Placid last weekend due to the great reviews and because I thought the name was super cute and clever haha. The prices are lower than I've seen for many other gourmet cupcakes, but the one I got was really dry. The frosting part was great, but the cake part was just okay. However, my boyfriend loved his. Could have just gotten one that was a day or two old.

3  Thank Honu18
adkcupcake, Owner at Cake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with your cupcake. Perhaps you are right, you may have received an older cupcake. Not that this is a regular occurrence but it can happen if we are very busy and an employee does not rotate correctly when filling our case. It is very rare, but it certainly can happen. We do bake our cupcakes fresh daily, sometimes multiple times daily. I would be happy to offer you a replacement cupcake at no charge to you, so that you can truly experience a delicious, moist cupcake that we always aim for. Please let us know next time you are in the bakery and I will most certainly take care of both you and your boyfriend with a new batch of our cupcakes! See you soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have had really great fresh cupcakes and really dry cupcakes. It seems to be hit or miss with Cake Placid.

3  Thank Adirondack2
adkcupcake, Owner at Cake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you've had some less than fabulous experiences with us! I certainly wish you would have let us know, because the only way we can correct a negative experience is by acknowledging it. We have experienced and issue or two with some of our new baking staff and this could have been the reason for a dry cupcake, although we do quality control often, mistakes do happen. Please give us a call or email us directly, we would love to offer you a replacement for any cupcakes that have not been up to par. Thank you for your review! We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

These cupcakes are fabulous and just the right price. I have brought these items to parties and they are always a hit. Cake Placid has also been very generous about donating to local events like Cub Scout parties and the elementary school carnival.

1  Thank Seamusdog

Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate your business. We try to donate as much as we are able to each year to charities and groups that we strongly believe in! Thank you again for acknowledging our support!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Cake Placid goodies are ridiculously good. There are many reasons we love visiting Lake Placid and the cupcakes here are one of them. Do not miss this lil' bit of heaven if you are in town!

2  Thank Angela S

Thank you! Thank you! We appreciate your kind review!!!