“Great views, great food”

The Moose Lodge Boathouse
Ranked #74 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Great views, great food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our visit to the boathouse restaurant in lake placid. The restaurant is located an easy walk across the near end of he lake which provides for stunning views of Mirror Lake and the buildings of Lake Placid.this is the perfect spot to watch the sunset or watch the lights on the lake. The food was great and my spouse and I are pretty fussy about food. We had the calamari and escargot appetizers. The calamari was cooked perfectly; crisp batter with tender calamari...not rubbery in the least. The escargot was a unique served with mushroom and garlic cooked together in a hearty crock. Fantastic! For dinner, I had the trout which was served with tender baby asparagus. The trout was fresh and absolutely mouth watering. My husband ordered the scallops au gratin. Very rich and deep in flavor. I was the hypocritical mom and did not finish my dinner so I could save time for dessert- maple crime brûlée. Wow!! Worth it! It was very smooth and subtle-- not the overpowering maple I expected. We paired dinner with a nice medium bottle of wine and with tip, dinner was just a little over $100-- less than our lunch at the wine bar for substantially better food, better variety, better atmosphere. Put this on your must do. Perfect for romantic dinner, après ski, or just to unwind for an unhurried and relaxed dinner. Service was fine.

• Visited October 2012

long island
“spectactular view.....but u need reservations..or do u???”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

our group of 5 arrived on a wed nite. around 630pm.
the place was "wide open" with empty tables, so naturally
one would assume immediate seating. the hostess
said if we didn't have reservations the wait would be
at least 90mins, because they "might" be getting a
big group that was staying at the lodge, and would know
for sure at least by 8pm.....meanwhile locals came in
and sat down as usual, seemed everyone knew someone.
they didn't need any reservations!!.... it was quit obvious
what the deal was then, and still there was plenty of
seating inside and out......i'll never be back

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank norita06
Delray Beach, Florida
“Best Spot for a View!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The pristine view of Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain are one of the main reasons we travel this far in the summer and Moose Lodge is our favorite place to take it all in. Sit on the deck, enjoy a beer in the afternoon, a cocktail in the evening or a bottle of nice wine at dinner and you are in Adirondack heaven! The menu selection is wide enough that everyone always seems to find something they enjoy. You can't go wrong here.

Visited August 2012
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Great lakeside view and ambiance..”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We came her late afternoon for drinks and appetizers, the price was good, service was attentive and friendly.. And met some nice local people... Ended up getting dessert too, which was good! A good find!

Morrison, Colorado
“AWESOME Lunch! (First time to this restaurant for me!)”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived via boat for lunch and were greeted by two nice young ladies who told us where to park. We were seated immediately upstairs, outside on the balcony with a beautiful view of Lake Placid Lake. We had an appetizer of chips and salsa. My friend and I split the Avocado BLT which had wonderful flavor and was so fresh and delicious. I had never had that combination before and was pleasantly surprised!! The men had the burgers which they said were fantastic. The food was incredibly delicious and very fresh, our service was excellent, the waitstaff all smiled and were very friendly and we had an awesome view of Lake Placid from our table. It was a gorgeous day. Our water glasses were never empty. Could not have been more perfect!! Thank you for one of our very best days visiting my old "hometown" in the Adirondacks!

• Visited July 2012