“A Little Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of the breakfast club etc

the breakfast club etc
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving breakfast all day as well as lunch after noon. Full bar featuring 20 signature Bloody Marys and Mimosas, Craft Draft and Bottles and Specialty Drinks. Happy Hour Specials Fri thru Sun 2pm to 4 pm.
Toronto
“A Little Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

After eating a couple breakfasts at the hotel, we wanted to try something different and saw this place the night before. We were pleasantly surprised and came back again! We thought the pricing was fair (a breakfast place we frequent back home charges almost double for similar menu items)

Their bacon is delicious and perfectly cooked. Cinnamon butter = Heaven. And they serve their breakfasts with real maple syrup.

Their portions were good, service was friendly, atmosphere was cozy and the food was delicious!

When we visit again, we will be coming back here for our breakfasts. For those of you who have gluten sensitivities, they do offer gluten free options, however as with eating at any establishment, always confirm.

• Visited December 2013

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Just So So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I had such high hopes for this place!!! It's beautiful - gorgeous little spot right beside the Starbucks on Main Street in Lake Placid. The bar inside is lovely. Very cute and quaint place. After the reviews I saw here I thought we'd try it and was pretty disappointed.

I had the two eggs any way with sausage, and fiancé had the nutmeg and cinnamon french toast and a side of bacon. I ordered my eggs sunny side up and I specifically mentioned to our waitress to make sure the egg white were cooked and not runny. When we got our plates the eggs had an entire clear coat of uncooked egg on top (like four tablespoons worth). I scraped it off and tried to salvage them which turned out ok however after specifying I was disappointed. The hash browns were not good at all - they were served cold, were a little soggy and the spice was just so so. The sausage was terrible - very hard to bite through (as in couldn't cut it with a knife they were so tough). Felt like frozen sausage which were overcooked. Either that or they were made way in advance and had sat around for a while. And the whole plate was only served with one slice of toast which I found weird - every other place I've ever had a breakfast it was served with two slices. And this was disappointing because the toast/bread was LOVELY! By far the toast was the best part of my breakfast - tasted homemade and just wonderful. Just wished there was another slice!

Fiancés french toast was what we would both consider average. Some nice spice but nothing out of this world. The bacon was by far the best part of both dishes - was cooked perfectly! If you have a choice of meat do not choose the sausage, pick the bacon for sure.

Overall I would have LOVED to give this quaint little place a great review but the food really wasn't that nice at all. I was so disappointed! Sorry BC!

1 Thank CFO580
London, United Kingdom
“Finally !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Last year we were turned away, too late for breakfast !! The name of the restaurant says it all surely ? Anyway, we were welcomed this year and it was fantastic, so glad we tried again. Excellent quality food, unusual combination, lots of choice, terrific Mimosas, a little pricey but you certainly get what you pay for.

Visited December 2013
Toronto
“Great Restaurant for Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hearty, delicious food, great staff, inventive menu items - this is a great restaurant. We ate here twice for breakfast and had fantastic meals. Nothing too fancy, but delicious nonetheless.

Visited October 2013
Clifton Park, New York
“You have got to try their waffles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Loved it so much on Saturday morning, we had to go back on Sunday morning.
There were a few people waiting, but the wait was short, 10-15 min while a table was cleared. The service was friendly and fast in spite of a full house! One waffle with a side of Canadian bacon was very filling, topping it off with Starbucks coffee. If I didn't have to drive, I know I would have enjoyed a breakfast cocktail, too. Had we been in Lake Placid for another day we would have gone back again!

• Visited November 2013