“great food”

the breakfast club etc
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving breakfast all day as well as lunch after noon. Full bar featuring 20 signature Bloody Marys and Mimosas, Craft Draft and Bottles and Specialty Drinks. Happy Hour Specials Fri thru Sun 2pm to 4 pm.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped in for breakfast and was surprized, generous portions with quick service. The staff was great, full of information on attractions and things to do.

There are newer reviews for the breakfast club etc

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A little crowded when we arrived (which we take as a good sign) so we opted for a counter seat, which was great. Very friendly host and counter waitress. Food was awesome- the (huge) pancakes with cinnamon butter and maple syrup were some of the best I've had anywhere. My husband had the salmon bene, which he loved. Would definitely return!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went early on a weekday morning, did not have a wait for a table, and did not experience any service issues. My husband enjoyed his crab cake benedict, and I liked my Adirondack berry waffle. We much preferred our breakfast here to the breakfast we had the following morning at the Big Mountain Deli and Creperie.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The service was very good. We arrived during lunchtime rush but were seated quickly. The server came over to the table to check up on us a few times during our lunch. It was attentive service, not pushy. The food consisted of generous portions. We got two egg dishes, both of which were cooked well and served with great tasting homefries

1  Thank RJ L
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was in town for work for a week and had seen some of the business that this restaurant attracted on Main Street so I tried it out with a co-worker. We were seated at a small table near the back and it was incredibly close to the surrounding tables. The server seemed like a nice yet not very attentive girl. The food came out fast but wasn't cooked properly so I had it sent back. The server apologized and brought it to the kitchen. Sitting so close I could here the whole conversation. The man in the kitchen criticized my table for not liking it and could hear cussing and slamming of things. My co-worker suggested we leave, but I insisted we stick it out. The food was returned to the table better but with rude service and looked uneasy. Not a friendly place and was a strange and uncomfortable experience. If I was to find my way back to lake placid I would avoid this stop.

3  Thank BusyTom2
thebcetc, Owner at the breakfast club etc, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Hi Tom,
My name is Sue and I am one of the owners here at the BC. I am so terribly sorry to read your review. I cannot tell you how embarrassed I am to read about your experience here. Firstly let me say I am sorry your food was cooked improperly. We have a stellar reputation for incredible food and my kitchen does a terrific job of getting the food out fast, hot and delicious. Having said that, what happened after you sent your food back was so beyond unacceptable I don't even know where to begin with my apologies!
Please know that I will immediately bring this up with my entire staff, cooks and servers. And rest assured your comments and criticism will not be ignored.
I was hoping I might ask for a couple of favors from you. First, please tell me what day you came and what you had so that I may find out who your server was and who was in the kitchen that day so that I can discuss the matter with them and address the issues you mentioned.
Secondly, I would like to send you a gift certificate and invite you back so that I may begin to change your opinion of us. We really do care what you think and I am confident that you will see us in a different light if given another chance.
Again, my sincerest apologies. Please feel free to call or email me to discuss the matter further. I do hope to hear from you.

Susan Berkowitz