“Don't you forget about me...”

the breakfast club etc
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving breakfast all day as well as lunch after noon. Full bar featuring 20 signature Bloody Marys and Mimosas, Craft Draft and Bottles and Specialty Drinks. Happy Hour Specials Fri thru Sun 2pm to 4 pm.
New Jersey
“Don't you forget about me...”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Oops, I guess the waitress forgot about me (and my family). In lake placid on Saturday night, turned away by half dozen restaurants that were full...and for some reason, breakfast club had openings! I thought we were just lucky, especially after glancing at trip advisor rating. Now I know why they were half empty...its no fun sitting in detention.

Table next to us just got up and left...our drinks took thirty minutes...my BC bloody Mary is good but I feel I need to ration it since I'm not sure when I'll see our waitress again...now forty minutes in no bread brought out to us...the odds of getting our meals before our 7:30 ice skating show are slim.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank hhwang70
thebcetc, Owner at the breakfast club etc, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience on Saturday night at the BC. Although I almost never make public responses to reviews, (I prefer to send private notes), I felt compelled to respond to yours.

First, your complaint is completely legitimate. I really am very sorry you had to wait so long. And we would never want anyone to feel forgotten. As you mentioned, the reason you came to us was because every other restaurant had a wait. President’s week is one of the busiest weeks of the winter. Every restaurant in town has to somehow find a way to staff for the busiest of sales days with a skeleton winter crew. Yes, it was an extra busy Saturday night, and everyone was trying to get to the ice show.

I am not sure if you noticed that all of our guests arrived at the same time that night, and that puts a strain on the waitresses and the kitchen. We are not perfect, we make mistakes. I know that when you are waiting and you’re hungry it can seem like forever, but I am certain you did not wait thirty minutes for your drinks.

We served 450 people that day in our 15 table restaurant. Perhaps, instead of writing your negative review while you were sitting in my restaurant waiting for your food, you might have asked to speak to an owner and ask for some help. Maybe if you had tried to get the attention of your very busy waitress in my small one room restaurant and make her aware of your unhappiness, she could have informed my partner who would have made every effort to make everything better for you while you were here.

Instead, you admittedly were enjoying your signature Bloody Mary while writing a terrible review before your food even arrived at your table. Is that fair? If you don’t say anything out loud, we can’t make it better. We were busy. At least give us the courtesy of trying to help you while you are in the restaurant.

You mentioned that you wanted to get to your ice show by 7:30. Well, I’m glad we beat the odds and got you fed and cashed out by 7:26pm.

Susan Berkowitz & Heather LePere
Owners
the breakfast club, etc

Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW Great food !”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

its the locals hot spot. Amazing service and amazing food! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. cant wait to return!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TTLov3sfood
“Not just for breakfast!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I was recently in Lake Placid for a skating competition and ate here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You cannot beat their breakfast. I wish I had tried their French toast fondue though... next time for sure. For dinner I had a maple balsamic chicken salad and it was insanely good. Cranberries and a maple balsamic vinaigrette over grilled chicken and a fresh salad, candied bacon, too. This is an absolute must if you are in Lake Placid!! You will go back again and again, just like I did!

Astoria, New York
“Awful Service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I got pretzels and french toast - the pretzels were stick pretzels and they were stale.

The waitress was awful, she didn't want to do any "special" orders like eggs on the side, no mushrooms or extra sauce. My friends mimosa order was ignored.

No coffee refills for $2.00 a cup.

When the bill came she insisted we figure it out ourselves rather than having her split it. She rolled her eyes. She was terrible.

But she still got her 18% mandatory gratuity so... you wouldn't think the rest of the the situation would have been so difficult for her.

I will not go here again based on the disrespectful and poor service and food quality.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank cook7166
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Try the espresso rubbed burger! It has an espresso barbque sauce and it is fantastic! Our family had a great tiem!

Visited January 2013