“Breakfast club can't cook eggs”

the breakfast club etc
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving breakfast all day as well as lunch after noon. Full bar featuring 20 signature Bloody Marys and Mimosas, Craft Draft and Bottles and Specialty Drinks. Happy Hour Specials Fri thru Sun 2pm to 4 pm.
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Breakfast club can't cook eggs”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

For the second time, today, the breakfast club failed to cook my eggs correctly. The first time, I ordered eggs Benedict and the poached eggs came out absolutely gelatinous. It was if someone cracked two raw eggs over some potatoes. I sent them back. Today I said I wanted over medium but made certain to specify that I wanted the yolk runny but the whites firm. Standard stuff right? Both my boyfriend and my eggs came out so overcooked that the yolks were chalky and the pale yellow color of hard boiled eggs. I got the corned beef side, he got the veggies... They both came out in a soft heaping pile. He said he felt like he was eating a plate of dog food. The waitress offered to re do our eggs but I just wanted to get out of there.

I'm normally not this picky, but this was round two and I think a place that calls itself " the breakfast club" should have eggs down.

Also, the service wasn't great... We stood at the hostess station for a few minutes before we saw anyone who even worked there. Our waitress was fairly attentive, but seemed miserable.

1 Thank ACW25

Lowville, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Their homemade chips are fantastic! Great food, good price! The place was packed and the service was super. We had a Rueben and a specialty turkey sandwich. Both excelent! Loved it!

Visited December 2012
Lake George, New York
“Decent”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place makes a decent bagel sandwich and omelet. There are a few tables and the service was good. Overall a decent place.

• Visited January 2013
West Sand Lake, New York, United States
“Worthwhile lunch stop along Main St.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for mid-afternoon lunch. Nice menu selection of soups and sandwiches. Chowder was delicious, and not too light or heavy. Had the angus burger and wife had grilled cheese. Both were enourmous and came with wonderful homemade potato chips. Service was good but a little slow, but still worth a visit.

NYC
“The Best place we visited”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ok, by now your probably sick of reading my reviews of all the resturants in LP, but this place is a must. we ate there 2x for a late Bfast, Pancakes and egg's benedict are awesome and who puts a Full bar in a breakfast joint?. At least 20 different bloody mary Concoctions. The wife got several hot beverages and a few funky Bloody Mary's with Bacon infused Vodka and BBQ sauce,interesting to say the least, i just had some trasty brews.Well Managed ,perfectly run establishment, DONT change a thing. this place would survive being in NYC, thumbs UP !
Rick~Barb