“Dinner and entertainment”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We where surprised at the dinner menu from the outside decor. The outside gives you the roadhouse feel as does the signage advertising live music. Our server Nick was very pleasant and knew the Menu well. The food was slow coming but the pre dinner bread made up for the wait. This is not a place that serves fast food style of a menu the food comes with a excellent presentation. The evenings dinner entertainment was at the correct volume and suitable for the dinner hour.

1  Thank Nosnow58
There are newer reviews for Pan Dolce

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful and recommended, excellent service, great brunch and the best coffee I ever had in a restaurant!

1  Thank Colleen D
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I had the brunch buffet. Although the selection on the buffet was limited everything was prepared with care and tasted delicious. Prime Rib! Also the service was perfect, host/manager and waitress were on point.

2  Thank zachberger
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Buffett - disorganized , WAY overpriced , constantly running out of items of the 8 food Buffett selection. All the rude, lazy waitress had to do was sit people down and tell plates at Buffett and maybe just maybe get them some water at least. Nope that was too much for her to handle- finally got a glass of water after stopping her and she walked past again possibly 5 minutes before leaving .
When the time came to leave ( which was 20 mins after arriving ) she handed me bill indicating 4 adults
I went up to staff at registered near bar and explained the ages of my youngest too re: children's pricing ( even the adults menu wasn't worth it $25 for low class wanna be gourmet food)
He then asked the girl who walks around pretending to be a waitress and she replies in front of whole resteraunt that her opinion " there's no way any of them were kids"
I then confronted her, the manager and another within eat shot about her - offering proof of ages for my kids. One of which who JUST TURNED 12, is so picky would only eat a waffle but when went to eat it- was so hard a fork couldn't get through it. You think maybe syrup would help? I did too- but alas there was none and getting ms. I know everything to actually stop at table was impossible.
The manager attempted to address her but she even talked back to him behind closed kitchen doors which she is to stupid enough to know aren't sound proof.
I come to placid yearly and never again will go there- not enough coupons, deals, apologies in the world.

2  Thank Deanna R
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Deanna R,
I held off on responding to this review because I honestly did not know how to answer respectfully. I also could not have responded better than the 171 other diners that joined us the same day, or the reviews that raved about the Buffet and immediately followed yours.
We very much appreciate constructive and honest feedback from our guests. This review does neither and to be quite frank is filled with inaccuracies!
Unlike most Buffet’s, our Chef adheres to his “Made to Order” philosophy and prepares each of the offerings as needed and the staff refills and serves the dishes immediately. Perhaps you are more accustomed to dishes that are pre-made and served “cold and old” under a heat lamp, and not a relaxed fine dining experience.
You seem to be disgruntled at our child pricing policy so I wanted to explain. We do have a cut off of twelve years and the staff often need to ask, as it's difficult to guess the ages of children. Parents can sometimes feel this is intrusive but it's not intended to be. It is simply to establish the number of paying guests dining with us. The child price is not related to how much your child eats, it is an age cut off - which is the fairest way to manage this situation.
Our Executive Chef and his staff prepare and present excellent food and I am sorry it was not to your liking. As I mentioned earlier, we have been receiving rave reviews and in fact, the guests at a nearby table apologized to your server and reassured her that the Buffet was excellent and felt that you were loud, unreasonable and were just looking for something for free.
To that end, if you had indeed paid for your meals, perhaps you may have correctly stated the actual price of $14.99(adult) / $7.50 for children.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had an great lunch at Pan Dolce. The cup of soup and half sandwich was so good that I hated to leave any but, it was more than I could eat. Great service, spotlessly clean dining area and restrooms. Best of all, the food was excellent!

2  Thank nancygmurphy