“Excellent Service!”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went to the restaurant with our extended family to celebrate my mother-in-laws 70th birthday. The food and drinks were very good. I had the shrimp/pasta dish the shrimp were a little over cooked though the flavors were amazing. All the kids loved there their food and the atmosphere was clean and friendly. Would definitely return next time I am in Lake Placid. The live music was a great touch to the evening.

There are newer reviews for Pan Dolce

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Excellent in everyway, food was perfect and really great friendly service. We took a chance on this place and really lucked out. Can't say enough good things about our meal.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch while in Lake Placid. Service was prompt & friendly. Ordered Trout BLT w/ cheese on Panini - excellent; and an Angus burger (huge!) - very well presented, tasty too. Salad & vegetables were fresh. Prices are reasonable for a not too non-touristy place with outside seating and free parking. Recommended.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I selected Pan Dolce for dinner partly because they claim to have good gluten free options, as discussed with the staff prior to arrival. I was told there were 4 options, plus substitutions could be made. Well I guess if you would like to pay an $8 up charge to replace rizzoto with GF pasta making a $32 plate $40. How ridiculous, I was told that it was due to the cost of GF pasta, well being a father of a child with Celiacs disease I can tell you that I can by two bags of pasta for $8, and it's replacing the rizzoto!

Then well, the service was slow, food prep was slower. In a party of 6 one plate came out 10 min after all others, one plate was cold and 2 beverages never came. Nice place, it's unfortunate that I will not be back.

4  Thank Nate B
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stopped here for a weekday lunch. We had a dog with us, so we needed a place that offered outdoor seating. This place was a great find. While there are more choices on Main Street and some offered view of the lake, it is hard to find any outdoor seating, and if they had any, it was close to the street busy with traffic and people and it wouldn't have been comfortable. This place, on the other hand, was a bit away from the Main Street, but they had lovely outdoor tables in a nicely decorated patio-like area. Tables were not too close together and the space was clean and pleasant with flowers and bushes around them, which created a buffer zone from the parking and the street. So it was very pleasant to sit there and the furniture was nice and sturdy.

The waitress was friendly. The lunch menu, consisting of creative sandwiches, paninis, burgers, salads, etc. ranged from $10.99 to $14.99. We had a rainbow trout panini, a bit unusual option ($10.99). Very nice presentation (see the photo). With a good amount of bacon and cheese, it was a bit greasy, plus the French Fries contributed to the heaviness of the meal. But it was satisfying. Some of the burgers were attractive but there would have been no way we could eat a half pound of meat. If you like big portions, it might be good.