“So amazing on so many levels!”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
“So amazing on so many levels!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Not only was this place classy yet casual, spacious and cozy, filled with great live music, great staff, and great food options, BUT this place also had THE BEST specials options I have ever experienced. Never have I been somewhere where the specials are less expensive than other various entrees on the menu. And they were special indeed. One of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time, and I love eating out. A highlight of our vacation! Thanks PAN DOLCE!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Asaltylass
Dear Asaltylass,
We are so appreciative to read your very kind comments and thank you for "getting" Pan Dolce's "Casual Gourmet" style and food!! Our daily specials have become a true HIT with travelers and local's alike and I am thrilled your visit with us was the "highlight of your vacation"!!
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Warm Regards,
Keith M, General Manager

“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is great! I had stayed away from it for years, mostly because the name is misleading. This is not really another Italian restaurant. We tried it and have eaten here a couple times since and have never been disappointed. The Saturday night prime rib special is a great deal and delicious too. I also enjoy the hazelnut chicken, which comes with a bacon risotto. Kudos to the chef. The experience doesn't end there as the bar has some of the best drink mixes this town has ever seen. They are all original to Ashley and every person at the bar raves over them. I suggest going during happy hour, since the deals are great. This establishment is worth checking out, especially for locals who want to change it up!

1 Thank Lakeplacidlocal
Dear Lakeplacidlocal,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences here at Pan Dolce and for your support. Us locals(all of us that work here are as well) know how tough we can be, and your review is truly gratifying!! I have already passed on your comments to Chef Chris, Ashley and the entire staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
I appreciate that you noticed Chef's Italian influenced, unique take on contemporary cooking. We all believe he is one day going to be known far and wide as one of the greats! - and I am thrilled you are adventurous and noticed!!
Keith M.,
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Breakfast at Pan Dolce”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Pan Dolce, in Lake Placid, NY was an outstanding personal experience for my husband and I. They go out of their way to make sure you have personal attention, and great food with a unique twist to it. Even though we walked in with our Starbucks coffee from down the road (I know, tacky), they wanted us to try their coffee which turned out to be an experiment which was fun. They press their own beans into a syrup, and BAM you have a different taste that we would describe as a touch of maple syrup in it. By the way, no charge for this experience. We only had breakfast there, although we had dinner reservations too, we had to leave a day early, so we didn't get to try it. The dinner menu looked fantastic as well, and they have live music. Overall, give them a try; you won't be disappointed. Thank you Pan Dolce. Suzette and John from Morgantown, WV

Dear Suzette N,
Thank you for your very kind comments and for taking the time to visit with us, and let us know about your experience. I have passed on your comments to Chef Chris and his team and I agree with you about his uniqueness and originality!! We hope to welcome you back again soon.
** Maybe to taste his Dinners! **
Thank you again and Suzette and John and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Keith M, General Manager
Miiddletown,NY
“Great Meal at Reasonable Prices for the Area”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Their New England clam chowder, onion soup and tomato-basil were exceptional. No matter if we went their for lunch or dinner the meal(s) were exceptional.

Dear hschlos1945,
Thank you!! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your different meals and visits so much. That's exactly what we are working for. Thank you from the whole team at Pan Dolce.
We hope to see you back real soon.
Keith
Lima, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Last evening we celebrated my husband's birthday at Pan Dolce, a restaurant we had never tried before. We were not disappointed at all. Having dined at many fine Lake Placid restaurants in the past, including many that are much more expensive, we would rank this as #1 in terms of the quality of the food, wine, and service. It may look unimpressive from the street, but the interior atmosphere with fresh linen tablecloths and flowers, live music, large comfortable booths, beautiful white china and sparkling glassware were surprising. Best of all, the food was as good as any I have had in Lake Placid. and the drinks were generous. An added plus is that the wait staff were well-trained and accommodating, and did not feel compelled to tells us their first names.

1 Thank martha s
Dear martha s,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us here at Pan Dolce. Being ranked #1 is what we are striving for and i am thrilled we are already there in your eyes!!
We take serving our guests personally and appreciate hearing that you enjoyed your visit. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the entire staff and I have already passed on your comments to Chef Chris and his team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you so much again!
Warm Regards,