“Great Dinner for Parents and Kids”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
Toronto, Canada
“Great Dinner for Parents and Kids”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ate at Pan Dolce last week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I'll admit that there weren't a lot of menus in Lake Placid that appealed to us (we did some online research ahead of time). Pan Dolce's menu looked great and it didn't disappoint.

I had the Signature Burger with gorgonzola and bacon and it was delicious. My husband raved about his trout dish. And the kids' menu was wonderful - both of our boys had the grilled cheese and it was to die for (I wish I could have eaten theirs too :) ). A buttered baguette with lovely brie cheese and homemade fries.

The service was fine (we didn't fine any of the service in Lake Placid to be outstanding, but it wasn't bad). Unfortunately, it's not on the main strip (it's on Saranac Ave and so we had to drive 2 minutes off the main strip to get there) and so it doesn't have a view at all (just the street!), but it had a nice atmosphere and was well-priced for what we got...

2 Thank alwaysafrica
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear alwaysafrica,
Thank you for very much for venturing off the main-strip - I am glad your daring paid off, and you enjoyed your grass-fed "Kilcoyne Farm" Burger!! Every one of our entree's are made to order with the freshest local ingredients, and I am glad your son's let Mom at least have a taste of theirs. (LOL)
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and kind endorsement. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warmly,
Keith
Ps; No need to get in a car - from downtown the FREE Trolley stops right outside our door.

Ottsville
“What a Find!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while driving around Lake Placid area looking for somewhere to stop for dinner (keeping in mind we had our 5 year old with us). We decided to give this restaurant a try.
Inside, the decor is pleasant. Not very fancy, but soft, tasteful colors and very cozy.
What a delicious dinner we all had. The staff was friendly and professional.
Our waiter could not be more kind and caring about us as a patron and took great pride in his job. They treated you like you were at a five star restaurant.
The food could easily compete with many 5 stars we've experienced. I had the twin filets over spinach and it was outstanding. I would go back in an instant, but we were on vacation and live a little too far. If you are in the area, stop by. I guarantee you will be impressed.
Message to the owner of Pan Dolce: Could you please open the same restuarant in the Eastern, PA area?!

2 Thank Revone63
Dear Anna W,
On behalf of the entire PAN DOLCE team, we are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your dinners. We take serving our patrons personally and I am truly touched to hear that you recognize - that we do serve with genuine care for our guests, and for their complete enjoyment of the evening. I've already passed on your request to the owner, and I'll be sure to keep you posted......
Ps; How are the winters in Eastern PA? (LOL)
Thank you again Anna, we look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are up our way.
Warmly, Keith
Andover, New Jersey
“Don't pass up this restaurant!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food and service here was very good. My husband and I stopped here for hamburgers. They were huge and delicious! The food presentation was amazing. We will definitely be back next time we are in the lake placid area.

2 Thank Retirednlovingit79
Dear Retirednlovingit79,
Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing your experience. There are a now a few of us in town using “Kilcoyne Farms” pasture raised, Angus beef from Pat and his family, but many others and I agree with you; (However Chef is doing it) - Our Presentation, Size and Taste is unmatched!! We cannot wait to welcome you back and I thank you again.
Kindly,
Merrick, New York
“Fantastic Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You cannot go wrong at this clean, sunny and delightful restaurant. Menu covers all of the breakfast essentials. We enjoyed eggs, pancakes, and breakfast sandwich. Coffee and cappuccino were delicious! Service was great. I assume the dinner menu is great too. You will not be disappointed with the food.

2 Thank RelaisAndChateau
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear RelaisAndChateau,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Being originally from Long Island myself, we pride ourselves on being one of the few places "Up-North" where you can find a "NY Style" Egg & Cheese on a Roll! Our goal was to create a friendly, economical place where great, fresh, Made to order food is easy to find, and I am thrilled you found us! We look forward to welcoming you back next time your "Up Our Way"
Warm Regards,
Dubuque, Iowa
“Amazing gluten Free”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Lake Placid. Wonderful food and service and very allergy friendly. Easy parking and beautiful patio. Loved it. Daughter even wanted to go back again during our visit for the hazelnut chicken.

1 Thank Travelour1133
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Travelour1133,
On behalf of the entire team at Pan Dolce, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both Dinner and Lunch(the next day) with us. We are truly gratified to be able to serve you and are delighted to read your very kind comments and thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great experience you had with us. I remember your family well, and especially your Daughters birthday Chicken!!
We look forward to your next visit with us here in Lake Placid and I thank you again.
Warm Regards,