“Good food & service. Salads, burgers, pasta. Limited menu but all good.”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
brick
“Good food & service. Salads, burgers, pasta. Limited menu but all good.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Lunch stop. Yummy Caesar Salad and burger. Friendly staff and outside eating also. Lots of ages in restaurant so it can please the whole family. Wine and beer available.

1 Thank pangakat
Dear pangakat,
Thank you for stopping by for lunch and I agree with you about Chef's Caesar Salad. He makes all 7 of our salad dressings in-house each morning with the freshest local ingredients, and they CANNOT BE BEAT!! Thank you again and please hurry back to enjoy that Outdoor Patio, with some of Chefs Avocado vinaigrette!
Warm Wishes,

Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
“Family Pasta Night on Tuesday”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a great restaurant! The only thing that I would like them to change is to allow two choices for protein and vegetables. My wife had to compromise. I like shrimp, but my wife likes chicken. We both like Alfredo sauce. At least I got to choose the vegetable I wanted. They could change their square plate plate so that a diagonal partition allows for this compromise. I would still go back! Half price wine and $2.50 beer on family pasta night. Good value, good food!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Norm B
Dear Norm B
FAMILY STYLE PASTA NIGHT IS HERE TO STAY!! Thank you Norm B. for stopping by and sharing your night with us. In just three weeks since we started, your feedback and others have convinced us the Home made Pasta night idea is an all-around hit! - We've been experimenting and tweaking the concept as we go, and are all unanimous that your suggestion's should be Incorporated. Thank you so much for taking the time to make them, and to share you and your wife's experience. I am glad you mentioned and enjoyed the 50% OFF beer & wine, and $12.50 per person overall price too!!
We truly hope to see you back soon, and SAVE UP that APPETITE!!
Best Regards,
Toronto, Canada
“Put this on your list of LP restaurants”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After driving past Pan Dolce many times we decided it was time to try it out for dinner. We were very pleased. We know that the building was formerly a fast food restaurant, and though from the exterior you can still see that history, inside they have done a nice job with the renovation taking advantage of all the windows that the building has. The service was very attentive and very prompt. And the food was very good! Three of us chose the cedar smoked salmon over vegetables that was the special of the evening and it was fresh and full of flavour. Prepared a little lightly undercooked so if you don't like your fish that way you may want to ask for that to be adjusted. We plan to r

1 Thank Mike K
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mike K,
Thank you so much for stopping by and I am very glad you were so pleased with dinner!! You are indeed correct about the buildings past, but we actually razed the old structure and built Pan Dolce under a local architects plan. The result is a brand new Eco-Friendly restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. We are truly gratified to be able to serve you and look forward to doing so in the future. Thank you very much again.
Warm Regards,
lake placid
“Don't pass it by.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Trying to avoid the Friday night village crowds we stopped in for a couple of burgers. A clean, subdued and uncrowded atmosphere and great, made to order food made for a relaxed and enjoyable meal. The friendly and attentive staff was welcome too. Cannot wait to return and try the dinner entrées as well as the breakfast menu. Outside of the downtown but just a short walk from Main St. and local accommodations. A must try!

1 Thank pcfoodlp
Dear pcfoodlp,
Thank you for very much for stopping by our cozy spot "outside the village" - I am glad your adventurousness paid off, and you enjoyed your grass-fed "Kilcoyne Farm" Burgers!! Like our Lunches I am sure you'll enjoy our entree's, each made to order with the freshest local ingredients! We truly hope to welcome you back soon.
Warmly,
Keith
Ps; No need to walk from downtown, the FREE Trolley stops right outside our door.
Oshawa, Canada
“Not pub grub, but a tasty meal done right”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Dined on a Sunday night with my wife and daughter. I had the cod and my wife had the shrimp and pasta and daughter had a gourmet hamburger. Also had appetizers. My wife's pasta plate was ok but my cod dish was great. The fish was not overcooked as I usually encounter, and the accompanied items went well. We sat at a booth but it was comfortable. Would try it again for sure

2 Thank JAG1966
Dear JAG1966,
Thank you for joining us and sharing your thoughts. It is a true talent to cook fish just right, as you experienced. I am very glad to hear you noticed and I cannot wait for you to try Chef's Ahi Tuna -cooked to perfection of course. :-)
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Pan Dolce very soon.
Best Regards,