“Little too Fancy for just Breakfast...”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
Logan, Utah
“Little too Fancy for just Breakfast...”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I live in the Lake Placid area and decided to give this place a try. I misjudged and thought it would be a simple breakfast cafe, but it was a little more than I expected. We were sat by a waiter at a white-tablecloth table even though we just wanted bagels, but it wasn't a huge deal. Maybe have a separate area for sitting if you just want a bagel or pastry (they do have takeout I believe). We ordered two bagels with cream cheese and two cups of coffee. Our waiter seemed brand-new and still in need of trainer on how to be a waiter.The bagels were the best bagels I have ever tasted...but they were teeny-tiny. So I was still hungry. Our bill before tip came to $15 which seemed a little much for bagels and coffee. It wasn't a bad restaurant, just more upscale than I wanted for breakfast. If you are looking for a nice brunch place it might not be bad, but for casual breakfast there are better locations in town.

• Visited December 2012

Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
“Worried that they are closed for "vacation"”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've eaten here before and loved it. When we arrived on Oct. 12, we were greeted with a sign that said that it is closed for vacation until Thanksgiving. Reviews from last weekend say that it was very busy and staff was overworked. Hope that this does not mean that the restaurant is not going to be open for the big Winter season.

Visited October 2012
Scotia, New York
“Very nice place Pan Dolce”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of this Beautiful restaurant. It is within walking distance to down town shops and Mirror Lake. We will definitely go back if it is open in the spring. The food was fresh and tasty and they have wide verity of wine and draft. Astatically this place is a gold mine. However they were TURNING PEOPLE AWAY AT THE DOOR AS THEY WERE GROSSLY UNDERSTAFFED for the 3 day weekend. Only one bartender who was waiting tables and the bar & one waitress. Down town was packed and they had maybe 10 tables full but could not keep up with the orders. Poor management or employee malfunction lost this restaurant a lot of money and return visitors that day. It’s a shame because it’s a nice place.

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent food great setting smart staff.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Food was great presentation tantalizing. I do not know anyone here, third trip for hiking, read the reviews and picked this one. The told us when we arrived for our 7 pm reservation for 2 that the kitchen was running behind 20-25 minutes did we want to stay and I am glad we did. Seated promptly with fast service on drinks and bread and taking our order. The included salads arrived soon fresh and cool and crisp with on the side selected dressing and shortly after we started catching up in conversation the filet cooked to perfection and the hazlenut encrusted chicken on risotto arrived, juicy and well prepared. Definitely would return for dinner next trip. People forget this is a seasonal resort but the staff worked together and did a great job.

1 Thank buffalo8750
Lake Placid, New York
“Tasty but not much food for the price”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Food here is very tasty. I have been here twice and the soups I've had we're very good. Great sandwiches too. I didn't care for the lobster roll, because it was more bland than I expected but other sandwiches very good. The sandwich/soup combo doesn't give much food for the price. You are better off getting the whole sandwich.