“Perfect seclusion”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Happiness...
“Perfect seclusion”
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Great location minutes from the Lake Placid main drag. Private and very well maintained. Simple, clean and peaceful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private location, open concept and the fireplace.
Liked least: Nothing
People with pets
cmurray01...
Keeseville, New York, USA
“We didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed September 28, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My husband and I were so pleased with everything about our stay. The place was cozy, clean, and had everything we needed. We're hoping to make this an annual anniversary retreat! Thanks to Sven.

Safari657...
“Very nice lodging”
Reviewed August 23, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My son and I stayed in Sven's cabin for 4 days and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The cabin was very clean and kept up very nicely. Sven was very easy to work with in booking. We loved the grill and patio area and had our meals outside, which was very relaxing after hiking and exploring most of the day. The cabin is in a great location and the property amazing. This is the absolute nicest place we have stayed in off the VRBO site and I've been using VRBO for several years. Am very glad Sven makes his cabin available to travelers like myself. It was a real treat to be able to stay there. Nice furniture and decor. Bed was very comfortable and the studio was very very clean. Would very highly recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The place was beautiful, very clean and kept up.
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
April C
“Amazing apartment rental - great place for Ironman”
Reviewed July 27, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I was in Lake Placid for he Ironman triathlon and stayed for exactly a week. The apartment is located near Main Street so I was able to bike there in less than 30 minutes.

For anyone that has been in Lake Placid during race weekend the central part of town gets very congested. It was great to come back to a comfortable, clean, and quiet apartment.

There was also a bunny who would eat breakfast near the driveway while I had my morning tea!

Sven was great at getting back to my emails and he was very pleasant!

I and my husband will definitely try and get this rental again if we are up there for the race and/or leisure.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Laura K
“Great Retreat in Lake Placid”
Reviewed June 7, 2016 for a stay in August 2015

The apartment is nice, clean and fully equipped and we have had a pleasant week with family. The location is in a quite road but not far away from the Lake Placid.
There is a porch with BBQs but we did not have time to try it. We spent a few days climbing the ADK46 mountains and have really enjoyed our time there.

Sven is a great host and very responsive with the booking and questions.

Liked least: The Wi-Fi can be unstable at times
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
ABtraveli...
Kent Island, Maryland
“Lake Placid Retreat”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at this little apartment. It was cute and clean. I think the kitchen and living areas are actually larger in person than they appeared in the photographs. The location feels secluded, but it is only minutes to downtown Lake Placid. It is a convenient location for sightseeing in the Lake Placid area as well as hiking.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Your age range 50-64
bassman43...
Geneva, New York
“Mostly satisfied - would probably stay here again.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

The apartment is perfect for a couple or up to a family of four. Nobody used the sofa bed so I can't speak for that. The bed was reasonably comfortable although my better-half felt that she kept sagging into the middle. I didn't notice this though. The place is fairly well equipped although we did have to make do with some items in the kitchen, but it was nothing that couldn't be overcome. It's fairly convenient to most of the attractions like Whiteface Mtn. and Lake Placid. The one negative we experienced had to do with the wireless network. I was unable to connect any of my devices to it. Sven, did try to correct this by rebooting the network and relocating it, but it was not successful. Overall, I think we would probably stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The jetted hot tub at the end of a rigorous day of hiking!
Liked least: No internet access.
Your age range 35-49
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing