“great”
Review of Mount Jo

Mount Jo
Ranked #3 of 31 things to do in Lake Placid
Reviewed July 23, 2013

great trail. It takes about 1 hr to climb to the summit. It is steep and with rocks. Great for kids! Loved it. The view is superb.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"bring water"
"coming down"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My 12 year old daughter and I climbed Mt. Jo together as she had been wanting to climb a mountain. I mistakenly thought that this would be a easy mountain- boy was I wrong!! I was wearing nice capri pants and sandals LOL! I stupidly thought there would be an easy trail or something to follow. Well....much to my surprise after rock climbing, mud hiking and stopping to catch my breath numerous times, and more vertical rock climbing- we finally made it to the summit- one word....BREATHTAKING! What a beautiful view- it was worth all my efforts- even if everyone was making fun of my clothing. Next time, I will be better prepared, but it was totally worth ruining my sandals. My daughter will remember this forever and so will I.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The trail up the mountain can be difficult at times. There is a short trail and a longer trail. The shorter trail has more boulders to deal with but the longer trail is quite steep. It was a lot of fun. The scenery at the summit was worth the hike up. With good hiking shoes, the hike is much easier than sandles.

1  Thank FrancaC236
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we hiked MT Jo several times and found it lovely, not too challenging and the ranger station very helpful. It was very crowded with families, dogs etc during the mid day but late afternoon and early morning were much more tranquil.

1  Thank Jeffra N