“hiking fun”
Review of Mount Jo

Mount Jo
Ranked #3 of 31 things to do in Lake Placid
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we hiked MT Jo several times and found it lovely, not too challenging and the ranger station very helpful. It was very crowded with families, dogs etc during the mid day but late afternoon and early morning were much more tranquil.

1  Thank Jeffra N
in 7 reviews
"bring water"
"coming down"

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great "climb" for all ages of people. The area is very popular which sometimes can mean trouble parking and a bit of trail congestion - but all worth it - Short & Scenic is a good formula!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will preface this review with saying that I have just recently gotten back into exercise in general and hiked this with my husband who is a 46er and is in good shape. This mountain was a nice day hike and a great view up top. We went the "short" route to the top and I will say I found it difficult but my husband had no trouble. We took the long route down (not long by much) and I found that better for descent as the elevation change was a bit easier.

1  Thank Kaitlyn C
Reviewed July 8, 2013

it rained everyday, so the trail was wet and muddy. but the trail was fun, with lots to look and marvel at. the view from the top was beautiful. definitely take the short trail up and the long trail down. there was Trail Guide at the top, talking, answering any questions for the hikers, pointing out what peaks were what.

2  Thank jenw43