“Nice”

Sugar Shack Dessert Co.
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Placid
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Friendly. Owner and staff, both. Good chocolate milk

There are newer reviews for Sugar Shack Dessert Co.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stopped in over Columbus Day weekend with my family. I had a Frost-on-the-Pumpkin muffin that was light, airy, and delicious! A raspberry filled cookie and cinnamon bun were also enjoyed by the family. Everything was delicious and flavorful and the young lady running the shop was very polite and helpful. I highly recommend checking this locally owned business out when you're visiting Lake Placid.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Coffee was local and very good, all of the pastries we tried we amazing! Try the raspberry pie, it's excellent. The staff was very, very friendly and we will definitely visit again!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

The service and staff were great! The owners are fun and helpful! The food was amazing. I try something new everytime I go in! My favorite are the cup cakes and the brownies!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Sugar shack is in a cute little cottage on Main Street in Lake Placid. I went to get a "birthday" cupcake as we were in town visiting during a birthday. I had asked around about cakes and cupcakes but had a hard time finding information. This place sounded promising. I went in to the store and there was no one around. I yelled "hello" 4 times before someone came to the counter. They were very limited in their selection. They only had vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet. This was on a Sunday- during summer season. So I bought the 3 available flavors. They also had brownies and some pies and some mini bite cupcakes available but again, not too much variety. The Plain jane- vanilla had vanilla and butter flavor but it was a really tough hard cupcake. The red velvet and chocolate cupcakes went in the garbage right away. I don't know which of those was worse. It was a disappointment, a waste of money, and what's worse- no one should eat bad cake on their birthday. As for the service- is a smile too much to ask for?!

lpsugarmommas, Owner at Sugar Shack Dessert Co., responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for your feedback and my sincere apologies for your poor experience with us at the Sugar Shack. The next time you are dissatisfied I strongly encourage you give any business the opportuninty to return your money and rectify before going online and complaining. I would have been able to point out that we offer 3 different sizes and over 40 flavors of cupcakes, along with 6 differnt kinds of tarts and cookies, nyc style crumb cakes, cinn rolls, cheese cakes all avail in family size and individual. We have canolis, tirimisu, NYC style black and white cookies, ADK creamery icecream to boot! We are a small american style bakery and bake everything fresh in house daily. If we don't have it that day, we happily custom make anything to order. Next time in town please give us a chance to wow you with our selection and improved customer service. Coming soon espresso, savory treats, quiches, and puff pasties too. Thank you again for your feedback.