“Enjoy a change from standard fare”

Liquids and Solids at the handlebar
Ranked #21 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
“Enjoy a change from standard fare”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a meal here - the best food of our 5 night stay in Lake Placid. If you crave something a little different from the norm, then eat here. Main dishes are small, so we found for two of us eating that one starter, one salad, and two mains was a just right amount. So refreshing to not be presented with a huge plate of food. The food combinations were great. We loved the fried Brussels sprouts, lentil and kale salad and beef carpaccio dishes. There were many more dishes that we would love to try but will have to save until our next trip up north.

Cork, Ireland
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I loved the name of this restaurant and then I won a voucher at the ski jumping show so we had to go there. The food and service were amazing! The restaurant itself is relaxed but the food is so inventive, it's like nothing else I've ever had. For my main course I had rhubarb and blue cheese ravioli with pieces of a game bird (forgot to ask which type of bird). This sounds like a strange combination but it really works! Pretty much all the items on the menu are not your run of the mill type food so you have to be open minded and feeling adventurous here. What I like is that the menu is very descriptive so you know what will be in the dish and the waitress is very knowledgable so she can answer all your questions. Service was great - really quick and efficient and as I say the waiting staff were very impressive with their knowledge of the menu. Go there with an open mind and you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a Michelin star at some point!

1 Thank Cork1979
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best meal ever”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I went to 3 of the top restaurants in Canada, Au pied de cochon, Toqué and Européa, average bill 475$ for 2. I had nearly the same pleasure at Liquids and solids for under 100$. These peoples search for taste pairing. They combine ingredients that come together and explode in your mouth. If you're fossy and snob, don't go there, it's not for you.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank ericb114
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Unique combinations, fresh and tasty”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Be prepared to take some time to read the menu of both drinks and food. Each offering is a unique blend of flavors and takes some time to process the combinations. We visited twice when in Lake Placid and were pleased with our choices both times. The chef allowed the freshness and flavors of the ingredients to shine through on their own merit rather than over season to create interest. Their menu of cheese plates was superb, the apple spread, pea sprouts and figs were a fine complement. It is a small place so go early to avoid a wait. The bar is very pleasant, a place where you could just sit with a drink and chat with the very personable wait staff. I will definitely visit again next time I'm in Lake Placid.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Carol S
“Drinks to die for! Poutine? Just don't. ”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

What a great casual dining experience. Nothing pretentious about this place. A little hipstery but juuuust the right amount. Amazing and generous alcoholic drinks (yay!) and a nice eclectic menu. Definitely worth trying new things here (like rabbit). My one complaint and why it didn't get 5 stars from me? The man and I are Canucks (Ottawa and Quebec City) and this place absolutely failed at poutine. Please, just don't. If you aren't going to do it right (i.e. proper cheese curds) don't do it at all. Other than that i highly recommend this place for great noms.

1 Thank fortheloveofcake