“Tasty, inventive menu”

Liquids and Solids at the handlebar
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The fried brussels sprouts were the best and most surprising appetizer I've ever had. The variety of beer makes you want to go back again and again to try them all. Same thing for the menu. Three of us loved our main meal while one was a bit disappointed but then again, oxtail pasta is not for everyone... The chocolate dessert was dry and a bit lacking in taste in my view. The server also forgot to place our entrée order, so we ended up there an extra hour... Too bad. Otherwise, the whole evening was a real success. A must try for any epicurean!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our family of 4 had the pleasure of eating here this weekend (2 teen boys) this was the best restaurant food we have had in a long time. It is not a typical menu, an opportunity to try something new and be prepared to have your taste buds wowed.

We had the Brussels Spouts - they were AMAZING, Roasted Root Veggies, braised cabbage, meatloaf, rabbit, burger (for the youngest of our family), and kielbasa. Everything was excellent, the service was friendly and helpful.

There is a wood burning stove at the back - perfect for a cold winter night!

Thank you for making our last meal out in Lake Placid so memorable - a great end to our post Christmas ski vacation!

1  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed January 3, 2014

All you foodies out there are not going to like my review but I believe in being honest...
First off,the place is dark and pub-like. I could hardly read the menu which to my surprise contained food items I have never eaten nor would even think of eating. I ordered Duck which I like and have had many times. the menu said it came with Turnip, Cabbage and Celery Root (large plate).
When it arrived I could hardly see it but determined it was rare when I chewed it. Now I have never been served rare duck before, but I was not offered a choice. I could not differentiate the vegetables as it was in a heap at the bottom of a deep plate, the duck on top. The vegetables all tasted like boiled cabbage to me. There were a couple if tiny squares of white which I am assuming was the turnip but I could not tell by the taste. Several other people at our table disliked their dishes as well. I understand it was a plate menu but the price was pretty high for what you got and nothing was anything to brag about ($200.00 for 7). We all had to get more to eat when we arrived home. I have crossed this place off my list of places to go in the Tri-Lake area where I live. I have been to many Tapas restaurants in the US, and this place is not very good and outrageously priced esp. when you consider the atmosphere, wait staff, and quality and quantity of food.

2  Thank seri4509
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Holidays with my husband, and two sons (young men in post-graduate ed) stayed in Lake Placid and found this gem by accident. Awesome unique foods that are surprisingly tasty and a plethora of beers....liquid. The employees are knowledgeable with all that is offered for those who don't know where to start with the entrees or other. It's a quaint place that will not seat many, but off the beaten path and a must find for all!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

If you like delicious, creative food with unlimited selection of excellent beer in a cozy, friendly atmosphere, you will absolutely LOVE this place. We moved to Lake Placid little over 2 years ago and discovered Liquids&Solids shortly after. Since then, this is the only place I fully trust with my food. They use exclusively locally grown produce and meats, clean and fresh. They are unique and original in their preparation and presentation. Everyone that works there is really friendly and knowledgeable about the variety and combinations of food and drinks that they offer. You can really feel the love, the hard work and the passion that they all put in bringing it all together. I honestly say that this place is addictive -- it is SO good!!