“Really? Not worth the time and money.”

Liquids and Solids at the handlebar
Ranked #21 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomingdale, New York
“Really? Not worth the time and money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

All you foodies out there are not going to like my review but I believe in being honest...
First off,the place is dark and pub-like. I could hardly read the menu which to my surprise contained food items I have never eaten nor would even think of eating. I ordered Duck which I like and have had many times. the menu said it came with Turnip, Cabbage and Celery Root (large plate).
When it arrived I could hardly see it but determined it was rare when I chewed it. Now I have never been served rare duck before, but I was not offered a choice. I could not differentiate the vegetables as it was in a heap at the bottom of a deep plate, the duck on top. The vegetables all tasted like boiled cabbage to me. There were a couple if tiny squares of white which I am assuming was the turnip but I could not tell by the taste. Several other people at our table disliked their dishes as well. I understand it was a plate menu but the price was pretty high for what you got and nothing was anything to brag about ($200.00 for 7). We all had to get more to eat when we arrived home. I have crossed this place off my list of places to go in the Tri-Lake area where I live. I have been to many Tapas restaurants in the US, and this place is not very good and outrageously priced esp. when you consider the atmosphere, wait staff, and quality and quantity of food.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank seri4509

Thousand Islands Ontario
“Ski trip with flare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Holidays with my husband, and two sons (young men in post-graduate ed) stayed in Lake Placid and found this gem by accident. Awesome unique foods that are surprisingly tasty and a plethora of beers....liquid. The employees are knowledgeable with all that is offered for those who don't know where to start with the entrees or other. It's a quaint place that will not seat many, but off the beaten path and a must find for all!

Visited December 2013
“The secret jewel of Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

If you like delicious, creative food with unlimited selection of excellent beer in a cozy, friendly atmosphere, you will absolutely LOVE this place. We moved to Lake Placid little over 2 years ago and discovered Liquids&Solids shortly after. Since then, this is the only place I fully trust with my food. They use exclusively locally grown produce and meats, clean and fresh. They are unique and original in their preparation and presentation. Everyone that works there is really friendly and knowledgeable about the variety and combinations of food and drinks that they offer. You can really feel the love, the hard work and the passion that they all put in bringing it all together. I honestly say that this place is addictive -- it is SO good!!

Lake Placid, NY
“Good Food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food here is very good; always fresh and unique, even if it is over priced. Be prepared to order a side as the main dish will probably not fill you up. Service is another thing altogether. It seems like the bartender would rather die than smile. I have never succeeded in getting more than one beer with my meal as the servers always race by without pausing to check in. The room is loud and hard to have conversations in. Overall, I would say - go somewhere else.

Visited October 2013
Liverpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Lake Placid eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

In town for work, staying at the Econolodge (good value) when I saw the sign Liquids and Solids with a set of silverware painted on the side. Lisa's next door is packed (must mean it is good) but I did not want to endure the crowd. Settled into a table at L&S and ordered a local pale ale. I gave the today's specials menu a quick glance and ordered the lamb shanks ($16) with mashed potatoes, olives, Broccoli rabe and roasted red peppers. They had me with the lamb shanks - I don't get lamb at home.

First taste was a "Oh my God this is good!" and it never stopped from there. I told the waitress that this dish was $30 in Syracuse compared to the $16 they wanted here. She responded that they were committed to give the healthiest food at the best price. So be it - stop and see you that are traveling through or to Lake Placid. Write your comment - I am going back.

• Visited October 2013