“Appetizers and Drinks are the Best!”

Liquids and Solids at the handlebar
Ranked #21 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Logan, Utah
“Appetizers and Drinks are the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I live in the Lake Placid area and this is our go-to post-bike location. It is by far the best place to eat in town, especially for "foodies." If you are craving something out of the box and aren't afraid to try new things, you will love this restaurant. If you want chicken fingers and a club sandwich, this is not your place. We usually sit at the bar and order a variety of their unique appetizers. This keeps the dinner bill low, fills us up with delicious food and allots us money for the awesome drinks (which are also super-unique. Heads up: order a rum and coke or dark n' stormy and mixologist will make it with really good old-fashioned soda). Make sure you get the brussell sprouts, even if you don't like brussell sprouts. Atmostphere is dark (it's in a walk-out basement) but they light the room well with candles and such. Definitely give it a try.

• Visited December 2012

“good surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

something new and different in Lake Placid. Pub atmosphere without TVs . Decor is very clever without seeming
overdone. Very comfortable mix of locals and tourists lucky enough to find it. THE MENU ..really unbelievable .
Small plates of Creative and thoughtful food. The liquids are equally intriguing. Yes ! go there.

Keene, New York
“Creative French Canadian Food in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Really interesting food. creative combinations of ingredients, often playful. Don't forget a side of their charred brussel sprouts. Great service. They make great drinks, but be careful. They're strong. Right now, if you don't want to spend $100/per person, this is the place to get the best food in Lake Placid.

1 Thank JimKeeneNY
Rochester, New York
“hipsters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I read the reviews and was intrigued, I am glad we went! First glance noticing the staff and patrons I felt very "uphip" but after 2 beers I didn't care anymore! Our waitress was very helpful and friendly, especially when it came to beer selection. My dinner and dessert were not great (ravioli and brulee- fatty bacon pieces in the brulee did not agree with me) but my husband had fried pork liver (sounds scary I know) and it was DELICIOUS! The brussel sprouts were interesting-some sort of spice that was really strong at times. But the beer was fabulous-even you aren't an adventourous eater, try different beers-you will not be disappointed. I wish there was a place like this near home!

1 Thank GJ818
Hinesburg, Vermont
“Bacon Chocolate Crème Brûlée, are you kidding me??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and were in Lake Placid for five days and were on a mission to never eat at the same place twice during that time. Had we tried Liquids and Solids on any night besides our last one in town, we would have been forced to abort the mission. The service, atmosphere and most importantly, the food were just what I was looking for. If you're a beer lover, the beer list is five pages long. A great selection of mixed drinks as well. The menu is creative and perfectly executed. We will be making the two hour drive back to Lake Placid just so we can eat here again.