“maggie's pub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of my favorite pubs in the world! Food is amazing and the bartender has perfected every libation to an art form!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had dinner at Maggie's and it was by far the best restaurant in the area. We had drinks at the bar while waiting to be seated on the porch....well worth the 15 minute wait....the view of the lake and the surrounding mountains was breathtaking!!!! We ordered the price fix meal and it was delicious from appetizer to dessert....the price was very reasonable ......don't miss this restaurant!!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This place has excellent taste in a lodgy sort of way. While it is not really a pub, it nevertheless is set in one of the most beautiful spots on Lake Placid. Facing Whiteface mountain and the lake you can sit on the terrace or indoors. The food is simple but prepared gourmet and the service is well mannered. Now for the clientel it is mostly genteel. While the prices are not bad really you feel as if you are in a priviliged place which generally means you will find more reserved and private people. For 30% more than a bad meal in town you will find a positive culinary and visual expirience. Have fun discovering Maggie.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had such high hopes for a great meal. The place is beautiful and the view from our table could not have been better. Although very expensive we were both happy with the choices offered on the menu. The wine we ordered was really good. I was pleased with their attention to detail as the wine glasses were so nice. Things went down hill when our food arrived. I had been assured that the shrimp special I ordered was big enough for a meal. It looked very pretty on the plate however I saw mostly plate. There was a small amount of salad maybe a half cup, the equivalent of a half a small nectarine and 4 large shrimp for 24 dollars. The shrimp were overcooked and had a fishy flavor. The fruit was not sweet and far from ripe. The salad was good but there was far too little of it. Our server never came to check on us until after we finished our meal. My husband's 18 dollar burger was a little overcooked but fine. I was still hungry so we ordered 2 coffees and the molten chocolate cake. Our desert came out way before our coffee. I think they brewed the decaf after I reminded them we ordered it. Our cake looked pretty and tasted good but was definitely not molten. Overall, so disappointing.

1  Thank lamorticello
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have spent a great deal of time in lake placid including our wedding at the whiteface lodge last fall. We have enjoyed dinner at many different places in the area. Maggie's pub stands out. It's memorable in the most positive way imaginable. Service excellent. Food perfectly seasoned and prepared. Property more authentic adirondack than any place else including whiteface lodge. If you are looking for excellent drinks laid back adirondack environment with impeccable amenities thus is the place to dine. I've looked long and hard to find a place where my wife and I can kick back relax and enjoy the adirondack charm without feeling like a tourist. This is just the place, with the perfect amount of everything.

Been to Maggie's Pub? Share your experiences!