“Eh, just 'ok'”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The bartender Laurie is amazing! She made us specialty drinks that she created, which were great, but the overall vibe was a little stuffy. It's lake placid people, not manhattan.

There are newer reviews for Maggie's Pub

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner while I was visiting him in Lake Placid. I was told not to miss this spot while I was there and I am so glad I didn't.
The spot is just outside of town but you feel like you're in a secluded and exclusive hunting lodge. The decor is amazing, the staff incredible and the food is completely worth it. Maggie's Pub is small and cozy with a big stone fireplace, worn in arm chairs, couches, a pool table, bookshelves and a small group of tables lining the deck. It was too dark when we got there to see out to the lake, but I can only imagine what that would look like.
We ended up ordering off the prix fix menu and it was perfection. There was only one server and he was very friendly, but forgot to bring our drinks before our first course arrived. He apologized and took the drinks off our menu.
The food was delicious, seasoned and hot and overall extremely resonably priced.
I loved the entire experience and wish we could afford to stay at the lodge.
Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Northern Light Lodge (thru Engle Volker Real estate) and we were walking distance from maggies Pub Just a short walk down the driveway that lines a gulf course and a lovely babbling brook... ... What a great restaurant.... big cozy fire place and the picture windows look out over Lake Placid.
The menu is pub fare, but high end pub fare and heir selections of wine and beer are to die for! .... Any season is a season to visit Maggie's Pub... views are awesome 24/7 365...

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

People are so friendly. Top notch employees.

Good beer selection- not bad prices.

We order the $26 cheese plate with fruit and nut bread- spectacular. As a matter of fact, I had them bake me a whole loaf of the bread to take home (Decemeber 2011). Yes, it was that good.

This year- March 2013, we ordered the fish and chips for $16- huge portion. Great value. Amazing fresh fish inside the batter. Lightly battered and delectable fries.

Played pool, too!!!

Fabulous ambience.

A bit off the beaten road with no lights so be careful after dark.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for afternoon drinks and something to eat. It was pretty empty, not much going on but the staff were very nice to talk to and we learned so much about the history of the area. The drinks were great and we ordered a plate of cookies and they were delicious. We already have plans to return and try out Artisans within the next few weeks.

Been to Maggie's Pub? Share your experiences!