“Well worth it (expensive) for the ambience of the Lake Placid Lodge”
Review of Maggie's Pub

Maggie's Pub
Ranked #37 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Well worth it (expensive) for the ambience of the Lake Placid Lodge”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The Lake Placid Lodge looks like it's been there for a long, long time, but in fact, burned down (2005, I believe) and was re-built and re-opened in 2008. Rustic and elegant, one should not go there without strolling the various public areas (my wife and I even went back the next morning, to view the lake and grounds in daylight). In the Pub, our "pub fare" was very good, but expensive ($16 for a hamburger) and service was outstanding. Bottom line: When we return to Lake Placid, we'll definitely include Lake Placid Lodge in our plans!

• Visited October 2011

New York
“Laurie the bartender is simply amazing...”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Maggie's Pub is located in the stunning Lake Placid Lodge, beautifully nestled into the mountainside with a view of the Lake that won't quit. What an awesome spot to share a drink and a bite.

But honestly, I did not eat at Maggie's Pub, as watching the magic being created behind the bar by the incredible Laurie was filling enough - she is a wondrously creative barkeep. Sadly, I'd ordered an ordinary glass of wine before I began to watch this talented woman take fresh blueberries, blackberries, mint, raspberries and other fresh offerings and created concoctions exclusively her own. Behind the bar, she has Mason jars infusing gin with rosemary, vodka with garlic for Bloody Mary's...and many more that I can't even recalled.

All her drinks were made with such an attention to detail...and when I remarked that her muddle of some fresh mint was perfect, she quipped that, "Yea, some people make it look like spinach. You just want to bruise the leaves." OMG. She needs to teach a course on how to make cocktails.

I'm going back tonight for her blackberry margarita, made with fresh berries that she presses through a sieve so no blackberry seeds ruin the drink. If you are in Lake Placid, don't miss Maggie's, at least for a drink. I have no clue about the food - lol. But say hi to Laurie.

• Visited August 2011
Morristown, New Jersey
“Wonderful spot for a drink and light meal”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I have visited this "pub" three times in the last few weeks, once to eat and twice for drinks. The food is very good but the menu is somewhat limited. I had an excellent salad and a BLT for lunch. Great wine list and attentive service. And what a view!

• Visited July 2011

Been to Maggie's Pub? Share your experiences!