“Good breakfast”

Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Generations is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu feature many foods that are grown and raised locally. Our goal is to keep it as local and fresh as possible, showcasing the many wonderful farms and products that are grown, raised and cultivated in New York's Adirondack region.
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The breakfast was good the first time we went. Second time it was a buffet and the food was not very warm. I would recommend that you order off the menu to be sure you get hot food. Staff very pleasant.

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Average at best”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I dined here with my wife, while we were guests of the hotel, and also ordered room service a few times from the restaurant during our stay. What can I say? Stick to breakfast. It was quite decent, although a bit on the expensive side. We didn't mind paying a little extra for breakfast in bed on cold January mornings.

Since breakfast was good, we decided to order lunch as well. That was a bit disappointing and somewhat forgettable. All I remember is soggy, hard french fries that were impossible to swallow.

That same day, we wanted to give Generations another try and went to the restaurant for dinner. We were there on New Year's Day at about 8pm. A late dinner, but not so late that we would expect the place to be dead. Dead it was... we came through the hotel entrance and walked all the way to the front (street) entrance to find the hostess and get seated. There was no one at the hostess station. That's right. At 8pm on New Year's Day, at a restaurant attached to a hotel and located in the heart of Main Street, there was nobody greeting customers. We waited several minutes for someone to come out a sit us.

The service was good from there on, as our waitress was very pleasant. Unfortunately, they were already out of a couple of beer options I wanted to try (again, at 8pm they were out of beer on draft) and the food was pretty mediocre. My wife ordered Chicken Marsala and I got the trout. When the dishes came out, it was hard to tell which was which, as they looked very similar. I was reminded of an old Matlock episode. Both entrees were nothing special.

The value was not bad, as both of our dinner entrees were under $20. But, honestly, I'd rather pay a little more, and enjoy my meal. After all, I am on vacation. Perhaps, one redeeming point is the fact that the restaurant is located right on Mirror Lake and during the day, the views must be pretty cool, provided you get seated lake side. We were, but couldn't see much on a dark January night.

Anyway, not awful, but nothing to write home about. If you like eating out and seek out new, exciting dining experiences when on vacation, you're better off exploring other options.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Masyunya
“Convenient But Average”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Golden Arrow Resort next door and looking for a quick bite as we had just gotten into Lake Placid. In general, the service was slow throughout the meal. Our entrées came out before our nacho appetizer and soup- only after telling them to cancel the nacho platter did they admit they burned it. To compensate, they did offer a free dessert, though. The ribs were good, the chicken marsala was basically chicken (with a smattering of bones and gristle) and brown gravy. The fries were dried out and the 3 cheese raviolis were not cooked adequately. The atmosphere was pleasant but the overall food experience was not in synch with it.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Dinner was excellent, service was impeccable and I highly recommend the cosmo fig politans! Matt and Joe took good care of us and everything went smoothly and according to plan.
The next day we had breakfast there. They were behind due to the ice storm but the food was, again, excellent. One of my new favorite places in LP!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Patricia R
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Table for two.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and was to bushed to hunt for food, so we ate at the hotel (Golden Arrow). We had chicken with couscous soup and we split a Angus burger, which was done to perfection. The meat on the burger tasty like they ground it on the premises, the soup was very tasty also. The view was amazing, we overlooked Mirror lake, the wait staff went out of his way to cater to our needs, I would go back here again.

• Visited October 2013