“Disappointed by breakfast, but liked the ginger molasses cookie”

Big Mountain Deli & Creperie
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We take our homemade bread, Boar's Head Meats, fresh ingredients and a spark of creativity to make the 46 sandwiches named after the 46 High Peaks of the Adirondacks! We also specialize in sweet and savory crepes as the only creperie in town! Eat it here in our cozy restaurant or take it with you to explore the beautiful Adirondacks! Either way, we guarantee there is something for everyone in your group and that your biggest issue will be which sandwich to get next time! Hike up an appetite and let us feed your hunger!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went in one afternoon and bought two of the large cookies. The ginger molasses cookie was soft and flavorful. The chocolate chip was an average chocolate chip cookie, just large. We went back one morning for breakfast, and ended up wishing we'd either eaten at our hotel, or tried somewhere else. The cashier was friendly and talked to us about where we were from. The wheat toast was really good, but neither my husband nor I liked our omelets. I like feta cheese, but the goat cheese in my omelet overwhelmed the vegetables and just didn't appeal to me at breakfast time, and some of my potatoes were warm and some were cool. My husband said his omelet just tasted "cheap". My husband doesn't like crepes, and I've had some in the past that didn't seem fully cooked, so that's why we didn't try the crepes here. We're more traditional breakfast food eaters, and probably shouldn't have chosen this restaurant for breakfast. Also, we had hoped to get another ginger molasses cookie, but they didn't have any that morning.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited the Creperie early on a Sunday Morning and ordered both breakfast and lunch there. Food was delicious, from savory and sweet crepes to morning breakfast paninis and sandwiches. However, when you eat it, it is very crowded. Places to sit are limited and you need to wait quite a while to get your food. Its probably best to pre-order and pick up if you do not plan on eating in. It is however well worth the wait!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We picked up sandwiches for our hikes for 4 straight days. Great variety (at least 46 sandwiches), which can be customized if you don't like something. One sandwich was enough for 2 to share, along with chips. Savory crepes were not as successful. They are quite large and almost overfilled. We did not try sweet crepes. Crowded place if you are going to eat in, and it's possible you won't find a table.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went on a Sunday morning. My husband had the lemon crepes which were lovely and I had the pear with Stilton . Both meals were good but the pear was poached and not very flavourful . The atmosphere was extremely busy and crowded. I found it hard to enjoy my meal with people hovering over you for your table. Very loud as the take out line is right by the dine in area. Perhaps on a less busy day we would have enjoyed it more.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Loved this place so much we ate there twice in two days! The menu is overwhelming with so many choices. I had a salmon crepe for lunch one day and The Mary, a sandwich with turkey, cranberry horseradish, apples, and cheese. Sounds horrible, but trust me, it works! Also had a creme brulee crepe that was out of this world. Great, friendly staff who make you feel right at home.