“yummy”

Big Mountain Deli & Creperie
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We take our homemade bread, Boar's Head Meats, fresh ingredients and a spark of creativity to make the 46 sandwiches named after the 46 High Peaks of the Adirondacks! We also specialize in sweet and savory crepes as the only creperie in town! Eat it here in our cozy restaurant or take it with you to explore the beautiful Adirondacks! Either way, we guarantee there is something for everyone in your group and that your biggest issue will be which sandwich to get next time! Hike up an appetite and let us feed your hunger!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

the deli is way crowded, with the line to order and pick up out the door. the menu on the wall is in chalk and hard to read. we got a menu, decided what we wanted, and the next day, ordered and picked up early in the day and took it with us. Yummy. i ordered right off the menu, and my husband made up a sandwich, both grilled. we would eat from there again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and i got 2 sandwiches ( the #10 Gothics- Roast beef, caramelized onion, blue cheese
and horseradish mayo and the #37 South Dix - BBQ pulled pork, smoked cheddar and red onion) on the Asiago/Peppercorn bread. I usually don't get super excited over sandwiches, but these two were to die for! I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

There are about 49 different kinds of sandwiches to choose from...another 20++ choices of crepes some savory and the rest sweet with some combinations like s'mores, which I found too sweet and also tried the one with salmon which was yummy. They had an assortment of breads for sandwiches like lavander and asiago peppercorns but I guess it was pretty popular since they always run out by evening. Popular place to hangout and the servings are huge, one sandwich feeds 1 adult and 2 kids but again depending on one's appetite.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had the chicken curry salad crepe, which was yummy, and then they had run out of something else. The girl behind the counter was so nice and said she'd love to get creative for us and make something not on the menu to make up for whatever they'd run out of. She made my husband a reuben crepe, which was delicious! Our dessert though topped everything: mascarpone and raspberry, which was amazing!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well you know the food has GOT to be great when there is a huge line out the door and around the block! You get in line and grab your drink and chips on the way to ordering and then you get to stare at the HUGE boards of overwhelming choices. I was going to ask for buckwheat crepes but then I saw they had gluten free bread so I switched my choice and got the #1 (Marcy). I started reading them all but that one sounded so good I decided I didn't have to go further! We got our number and although the place is kind of small, we didn't have a hard time finding a place in the dining room although it was super hot! We were in town for two days for a wedding and the couple recommended this place as did some others so we were happy to find it and the food was delicious. I wish I could have eaten a crepe because the one my mom got was so tempting. I would love to go here again. Next time!!!