“Over priced dry bagels”

Dining options: Breakfast
Great Notley, United Kingdom
“Over priced dry bagels”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The manager was grumpy on both occasions we went in, first was to check opening times and second was to purchase, other member of staff wasn't helpful either. Had little left to choose from although I appreciate this was 10am. Purchased 2 x smoke salmon/cream cheese bagels, they were very dry/doughy and cost me $15- I mean come on that's £5.50 sterling per bagel you don't pay that in Central London or NYC, over-priced and poor quality- forget it, do yourself a favour pay a couple of more $$'s and go for a sit down at The Breakfast Club on same street.

Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE and RUDE service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I are visiting Lake Placid from Newport Beach California with our two daughters and infant son.

My husband was ordering food for all of us to go and the woman taking his order was frustrated with him. He simply asked the other employee to mark the bagels so we would know which one is which. The response he got was "What? I can't mark all of these myself. There's a pen over there. " in the rudest, crass tone of voice you can imagine.

For average food, I recommend that the owners (I hope those weren't the owners!) hire some friendly staff. I grew up in the Adirondacks and would love to enjoy service from some of the more patient and kind locals. So whoever was working on the morning shift of Friday August 16th needs some basic training in customer service.

Needless to say I won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sarah C
Tustin, California
“Wonderful, downhome bagel shop”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

great small town indpendent bagel shop. Smiling, attentive staff, who remembers us every visit even if we don't get back to Lake Placid for months. Love this place for morning coffee and bagels.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Soul-less not soul shine”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very unpleasant experience. Bagels were tasteless - even ordered everything bagels which usually have more taste. When I asked for scrambled eggs, I was told by the cheerless woman at the counter that they only had fried eggs. The egg actually looked like a pre- made, pre-packaged dried up egg? often served in hotel lobbies. At close to $5 for an egg and tiny pieces of bacon on bagel, I was not only dissatisfied but felt ripped off.

Visited July 2013
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Best Bagels in Lake Placid”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Offered many different breakfast egg sandwiches and well as lunch sandwiches. Best hot delicious coffee to help wake up anyone. One of our favorite places to eat while in Lake Placid.

Visited June 2013