“Best place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
NEWFIELD
“Best place to stay”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Room were clean and updated, staff very friendly and helpful. Close to town to walk to many locations. Coffee served in lobby every morning with fresh muffins and donuts. Bus picks you up out front to take you to White Face Mountain.

1 Thank CHERYL B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Art Devlin's is the ONLY place I consider staying when I come to Lake Placid. I came here for the first time in 1997 because they would allow me to bring my dog and I have been coming back ever since. I have stayed here in all seasons and in all weather. The accommodations are perfect and the staff is always accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance to any place I want to go within Lake Placid and the price is always right. The hotel is family owned and operated and they always make you feel like you are a part of their family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Boston, MA.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights (room 53) with our dog in a dog friendly room for New Years Eve. We booked online so we weren't sure what to expect. We were very happily surprised! The hotel is located in the town center-walking distance to shops and restaurants. Our room was recently renovated and very clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Although it is a basic hotel without extras, it met our needs perfectly.

1 Thank DonnaS
Walllkill, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2013

To be specific, we stayed in Room 39. It was beautiful, immaculate, king sized bed, the bathroom was sparkling clean and very pretty with a very nice shower. The linens were clean and comfy and the TV was awesome. There is nothing we didn't like. I am hard to please when it comes to hotels, motels and motor inns. We never stayed at a Motor Inn. We plan on going back there again. The folks at the front desk were very, very nice. I can't speak for all the other rooms but ours was great. I made a note so that we could ask for the same room next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
nyc
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The room was old and dingy. The lighting was extremely dim, I had to ask the front desk for an extra lamp so that we could read our guide books. Also, the light outside our door was out, so it was difficult to lock/unlock the door at night.

I wish there were more options for travelers with dogs. Basically, you must either camp or stay in a dirty, overpriced place.

Room Tip: I cannot speak for non-dog friendly rooms. But beware that the dog-friendly rooms are dingy, poorly...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank upzang
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Lake Placid, winter and summer, for over 15 years. And, we have stayed in all manner of accommodation, from the Relais Chateau hotel to the bottom of the list. We have been at Art Devlin's in the past, but our recent visit was special--they have done serious renovations in all of the rooms using superior fixtures in the bathrooms and "European-style" wood trimming in the rooms. The doors are solid wood. The bedding is a big cut above motels in the same price range. Some visitors may disparage the location, at the edge of the village, preferring locations more centric. But Devlin's is an easy walk to everywhere and has ample free parking. Moreover it has a couple of Lake Placid secrets just a few steps away. One is Johnny's pizza which has quality and price. (The big name pizza parlor equally close is also good.) The other, believe it or not, is the gas station at the crossroads: it has 5 spigots of original micro-brewed beer and empty growlers to accommodate; besides, a wide-range of bottle beer. The Olympic oval is a few blocks away. Devlin's won't disappoint.

1 Thank sarandisuites
Albion, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had an "upscale" room on the second floor. Huge! With a king bed and two huge recliners, one would think it might be crowded. View of the mountains through the sliding door. Clean, fresh smelling rooms. Excellent staff. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Second floor facing mountains. With balcony. Ask for "upscale room" .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends