“Super clean, super nice owners on staff” 5 of 5 stars

Maple Leaf Inn
2234 Saranac Avenue, Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Oswego, New York
“Super clean, super nice owners on staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my brother on Sat March 16, 2013 when we went up to see the NCAA Hockey Championship game. We called up and ask the owner to save us a room if he had an opening. He did and we went. He had remembered my brother from the year before. My brother had a pleasing experience last year, so we wanted to go back this year. The place is located in a nice quiet setting with the rooms facing in on the property so there is no road noise or people walking by your windows from the street. Brand new carpet, furniture in the room is all in great shape, you can tell they keep things replaced and not simply patched up. Beds were comfortable and fairly new. We stayed in room 9 a double room. There is a fridge that is very clean and kept things very cold for us. Plenty of hot water. Most important was the cleaning people do an awesome job and there is no musty smells, or signs or age or rot like you can get in some northern NY resort town hotels. The rooms have electric heat so no loud blower kicking on all night or blowing stale air. I would highly recommend it and have actually. As a friend on mine asked if it was the kid of place that I would take a baby and I said definitely yes, it is that nice.
When you call you are dealing with the husband and wife ownership team. They live right there and they are very accommodating. They were very welcoming we discussed the town and places wew went to eat, the big game etc. Very personable. I will be back and hope this helps you feel right about staying there also. (Sorry photos have a flash issue and do not do justice)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Robert M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pequea Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was the best place we ever stayed in Lake Placid. We had the two bedroom unit which worked out so great with our 5 year old who stayed independent in his own perfect room. This was the cleanest place I have EVER stayed, the owner was accommodating with any questions we had. It was just so wonderful I miss it already! Also the bath towels are the best smelling hotel towels I have EVER smelled. I would give this place 100 stars if I could.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ANNIE2808
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After doing some research at tripadvisor I decided to get a room at the Maple Leaf Inn and was not at all disappointed. Rod is a very personable owner and he was most helpful in suggesting places to eat during my stay.

Please note that during weekdays the Maple Leaf Inn can save you money on ski passes at Whiteface Mountain and Gore Mountain so please take advantage of this is you can.

My room was ideal. This is a 60s or 70s era motel so take that into consideration but the room was immaculately clean. It has this small motel feel and Rod makes it more so.

The next day I was up at 7 AM and out the door before 8 and Rod was out shoveling and even cleaned my car off of snow. How great is that?

I really enjoyed my stay at the Maple Leaf Inn and recommend it. All the great reviews are well deserved.

As a side note I want to compliment the proprietor on the linens and the mattresses. A lot of "inexpensive" motels scrimp on this but at the Maple Leaf Inn the linens felt like top quality and the mattress I slept on was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for the better deals Rod can offer for skiing at Whiteface.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric E
Henrietta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We go to Lake Placid every December for a winter getaway, and every year we stay at the Maple Leaf. Over the years, we have stayed at just about every establishment in town, and the Maple Leaf is one of my favorites. In the wintertime it is quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. The jacuzzi room at the end of the main building is very comfortably furnished and feels more like staying at a favorite relative's house than a motel. When winter rolls around every year, I look forward to our quiet weekend at the Maple Leaf!

This is a family-owned and -run business and that really makes a difference...you can tell that the owners care about their place, and their guests. They have always been very friendly and helpful.

The motel is tucked well away from the hustle and bustle of Main Street, yet it's only an easy 10-15 minute walk away. The best of both worlds!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room at the end of the row is our favorite. Quiet and peaceful in the wintertime!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlmr417
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very, very, very dated motel. The room was clean, the owners were very helpful and accommodating and the location is within a 15minute walk to the main street and about a 15minute drive to the ski hill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm sorry but I think I could have found a more updated place to stay in Lake Placid for the kind of money we spent. The owner/operators are "VERY Nice". But the place is just old. Location was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
shopgirlbarbie, Owner at Maple Leaf Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are a small Family run Business. We offer Clean comfortable accommodations at a affordable
price and great service. We offer some of the lowest rates in Lake Placid. If you are looking
for Fancy we are not it. If you would like a clean room at an affordable price with great service.
Give us a try. We continue to put money into our facility as money permits. Most of our rooms
have new carpet, wallpaper, tile, beds and TV"s. Most of our bathrooms in our standard rooms
have lime green tubs but are in very good shape. We would like to replace the tubs some time
in the future, but the cost is substantial just to change the color. Thanks for staying with us.
Rod (Owner)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn on a trip to ski Whiteface Mountain. The owners were great and very friendly! Rooms were VERY clean. Not far from the hill, and the owner actually told us to go to the hill and get a "rain check" for our second ski day as my other half got hurt. This saved us $170.00 for our next visit!
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple