“Excellent Service”

Ranked #26 of 106 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step into the rich history of Dancing Bears Restaurant in Lake Placid and enjoy a modern atmosphere that has been charming visitors to upstate New York since opening over 35 years ago just before Lake Placid hosted its second Winter Olympic Games in 1980. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily along with Happy Hour specials.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Everything about Dancing Bears had me wanting to come back! The service, the food, and definitely the happy hour were all outstanding!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were staying at the hotel associated with this restaurant. At check in she mentioned the happy hour specials from 4 till 6. We tried the food. I had the fahitas and my wife the steak dinner. Both meals were above average quality. They have a bar right next door and next to that an outdoor area for nicer days. The server Matt was very friendly and helpful although busy. A group of seventeen people were due to show up and we were advising them on how to rearrange their tables. It was none or our business but they didn't seem to mind. Friendly atmosphere. Later we returned for a cocktail and the bar was very busy on a Wednesday night.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I really don't know why AAA has only given this restaurant 2 stars. We felt the food was excellent. My husband had Fish and chips which was a huge piece of fish and was very tasty. I had their Bean Burger which was excellent. The roll was fresh and tasty but I could have eaten the burger without the roll and it would have tasted just as good. The Sweet Potato Fries were the best I've eaten thus far Yum. The price was very reasonable for that area. We also ate breakfast there 3 mornings and the food was excellent. When I ordered Steak and Eggs, I didn't expect to get a whole N.Y.Strip Steak. It was wonderful and was made just the way I ordered it and melted in my mouth.
Our servers Sherry and Casey were great. They both were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They gave us a lot of tips about the area and what we could do while there ,which was more than the Front Desk of the hotel did for us.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Go down the street a little ways and eat at The Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Company instead. That is worth the money!!!! We had rough service and they cooked my husband's steak well done when he asked for medium. They did fix it though. The wings were good...crispy and saucy. It was just alright though.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Service is good here, food is ok, the portions are large so beware, I ordered a half portion of nachos and a burger... bad idea, it was too much food for one person. Half a portion might be enough for two people as a starter or to have some drinks. Food takes it time so, don't go if you are starving or in a hurry.