“good food, great view”

Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The world famous Dancing Bears Restaurant is a favorite spot for dining and celebrating with friends and family in Lake Placid. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Dancing Bears Restaurant features a warm, inviting atmospher, with great views and cozy street-side dining. Conveniently located on Lake Placid's Main Street, Dancing Bears Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a variety of great all-American foods including our chef's mouth-watering daily specials, Lake Placid's favorite burgers, signature hand-tossed pizzas, and tantalizing dinner selections. The bar features happy hour every day from 4:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch/ early dinner and were happy with the experience. I had the French dip, which I thought was good- they used real roast beef, not sliced deli meat like some places I have had this.. the fries were average, but adequate. My husband had the bison burger and he thought it was quite good. Our teenage daughter had the wings, and they looked great.. very large, meaty wings with a generous serving of blue cheese dip. The food was good- but the best part was the view of the lake and mountain- aslo it is right on the main strip of shops, near many of the hotels which is very convienent.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is what we look for in a restaurant when when traveling as a group. Good location, good service, and good food at a reasonable price. The Dancing Bear provided all of this for our group. We had a very entertaining waiter, whose name escapes me at the moment, I'm sorry to say.... There were 6 adults in our party, no waiting for a table (right at peak dinner time...always a plus!). Very diverse menu as we all enjoyed 6 different entrees with great presentation. Loved the location right in downtown Lake Placid, within walking distance from our B&B. A very pleasant and enjoyable evening....could not have asked for more! Would return to dine if we visit Lake Placid again!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I write this from the High Peaks Resort. Dancing Bears is located inside the resort but faces the street. Ordinarily I refuse to patronize hotel restaurants because I've found the food to be lousy and the prices high. But it's been raining all day so it's just easier to walk downstairs for meals.

I've had breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail at DB today, and all three visits were, frankly, a pleasure. The fried corned beef hash at breakfast was amazingly good. Oatmeal came with all the extras that make it special. I loved mooching my husband's French toast--delicious.

Lunch nachos with chicken were over the top. Fabulous! I ordered a half plate and it was still too much. Colorful corn tortillas with every interesting topping imaginable.

Margaritas: the right amount of sweet-tart with a wedge of lime. So good. I know I'll have another before I check out. $5.50 for a glass, and all this with a gorgeous front row view of Mirror Lake.

Kudos to Bobby, a waiter who makes you feel welcome and assures you have what you need.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I (husband and 3 young boys) recently went for lunch. Being the wednesday after Labor Day we were quickly seated and had a great view of the Lake. I had the French Dip and it was terrible. The meat was extremely dry and tough. I ate the cheese off half the sandwich and the bread and fries. The nachos were good. My husband said his burger was ok. Nothing special. The kids all had the standard chicken fingers and fries. Service was friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

French Dip was one of the best I have had! Fries were good too. Nice to unwind in the bar with a few drinks after a exhausting day of hiking in the High Peaks.