“Nice boat tour”

Lake Placid Marina and Boat Tours
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Lake Placid
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness beauty. Adirondack history. Serenity. Cruise the pristine waters of Lake Placid in one of our enclosed pontoon boats. The hour-long, narrated tour travels 16 miles on one of the world's most beautiful lakes. See and hear about the stately manors situated along the shore, Adirondack wildlife, and Whiteface Mountain, site of the alpine events during the 1980 Winter Olympic Games. A Lake Placid boat tour is a must for all visitors to the Adirondacks. Rain or shine, it is truly a delightful experience.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The tour of Lake Placid was nice. The tour guide was nice and informative. The boat was a little uncomfortable, but we tried to make the best of it. I was also a little uncomfortable with them soliciting tips at the end.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"caves"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I didn't realize Lake Placid was so large and it was amazing to see the Great Camps on the shore.The tour guide gave us a lot of history too. You can walk to the marina from town and we even walked around Mirror Lake.

1  Thank HoneyComnyc
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Enjoyed the tour of lake placid! Finally answered the question of why there was no road access to the lake! State land and land all tied up limit the use of this beautiful lake. The tour shows multiple "camps" one of which is 40,000 sq feet. Our tour guide did a very good job, however, wished he did not check his phone for messages every 5 minutes. At $15 per head, I wanted his full mind with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This marina is walking distance from anywhere in town. We observed plenty of parking too if you need to drive here. No problem. This tour is extremely relaxing and peaceful as you pass by the million dollar homes, boathouses and the incredible Whiteface Mountain off in the distance. The boat itself is very stable, and kept in top notch condition. The outboard motor was very quiet. Our tour operator (guide) was extremely pleasant and the sound system kept to a very comfortable level, not obtrusive to the atmosphere of the lake. It was the perfect amount of time spent and I actually felt like doing the loop a second time it was so nice! The pricing is very fair and not one complaint from us. Highly recommend on a sunny beautiful day. A highlight in the Lake Placid area.

4  Thank Hooked_on_travel77
See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I really liked this boat tour. I found it interesting that the town of Lake Placid isn't on Lake Placid but Mirror Lake. Who knew? I thought it was beautiful and scenic. I like the Lake Placid area with the shops and hiking. It is a unique outdoorsy experience. A great way to spend a weekend or so. I have photos and I will try to upload them later. Upstate NY is very beautiful, especially in the fall, but summer is pretty also.

2  Thank Rylee M