“Tasty food with great view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cottage Cafe

Cottage Cafe
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty food with great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I shared a cheese platter - huge portion - very good. I had Chicken Salad sandwich. It was fresh and delicious. I went to several restaurants in Lake Placid area. This one had best food by far. I would love to go back.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank chicago_young_couple

Staten Island, New York
“Best View in Lake Placid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

The Cottage is one of my new favorite places in Lake Placid. They make seasonal drinks (Maple Martini in October was yummy)! The location couldn’t have a better view- you practically eat on Mirror Lake! Service has always been above expectation. Portion size of meals isn’t the biggest but the quality and taste make up for it. The hummus and baked Brie appetizers are always enjoyed and gobbled up quickly. A great place to visit while in Lake Placid!

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank kimmiecupcakesNY
New York City, New York
“my all time favorite spot in lake placid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

By far and away not to be missed, great atmosphere and spectacular views. My family owns a place in lake placid and I never ever miss at least one light meal and (multiple) drinks when I'm in town. In fact, for the past 10 years I have brought friends up from new york city (lots) and The Cottage has always been a hit. I have never had a bad meal or had bad service, ever. The bloody mary's are the best.
To be fair, it can get crowded because it is a 'cottage', therefore small. The food is good value, with a lighter menu than some of the other places in town. So more sandwiches, salads and soups.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank alexandhoney
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Pleasant outdoors eating and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were very impressed with the food taste and presentation at this restaurant. We had two appetizers as a meal. They were very tasty and were attractively plated.

Au Sable Forks, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most expensive microwaved food I've ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

My fiance and I recently had lunch at The Cottage, and I have to say, I will never return. It is the most over priced microwaved food I've ever had in my life! I had Lisa's favorite. It may be the most popular, probably because a lot of people order it, but it wasn't good at all. The meat was just not good. I don't know if it was old or what, but it tasted cheap and bland. My fiance had a panini that was so small he ate it in four bities, and it was the most expensive thing on the menu. You get about half of a bag of chips, I am talking the single serving size bags that you get at the gas station for a dollar, and a pickle. We left hungry and ended up stopping at subway half an hour later on our way out of town. The service was very awkward, everyone seemed to have no service experience, or just plain miserable. The bar tender was great though.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lsnow20
MLI, Manager at Cottage Cafe, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Thank you for coming to The Cottage! I am glad that you thought the bar tender was great. Each week we receive hundreds of positive comments on the food and service. I am sorry that you did not like the Lisa’s Favorite and the Panini. The Lisa’s Favorite is very popular, a top seller especially to return guests. Guests have even asked to meet Lisa, shake her hand and thank her for her good taste! We have very well strained staff and if you had brought this to your server’s attention we would have offered to make you something else. We do purchase the highest quality meats and slice them on premises. The Panini is in fact a smaller sandwich partly because it is grilled in a Panini press, however it does have 6 ounces of steak on it. We give a generous portion of kettle chips. I am sorry that your lunch didn’t meet your expectations. I hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Lisa Randall
Cottage Manager

Been to Cottage Cafe? Share your experiences!