High Peaks Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lake House(Lake Placid)
  • Pool
Hotel North Woods(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
Maple Leaf Inn(Lake Placid)
1,395 results
All reviewsdancing bearhigh peakswaterfront collectionmirror lakewaterfront roommain streetrain showerin townthe main hotelpaddle boatsglass of champagnebathroom dooroutdoor poolwalk in showerhotel restaurantnice bathroomfree kayaks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just came back from a great weekend in Lake Placid and the highlight was the High Peaks Resort. This is the 2nd year we have stayed here - the first time in 2012 in the main lodge and this past weekend in the rooms on Mirror Lake. The location is awesome, being centrally located on Main Street there is great walking to shops and restaurants. The hotel is very nice - we spent alot of time in the Dancing Bears restaurant, food was very good and the late night nightlife was fun. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I must start my review out by saying high peaks resort is in a fabulous location to main street!
We purchased our room on priceline and definitely got more than I payed for.
Positives:
1) King size room,380sq ft, but seemed much larger.
2) Large leather couch to relax on(pull out sofa, if needed)
3) medium-large bathroom with large shower-only with 2 shower heads! loved it!
4) TV speakers in the bathroom, adjustable volume
5) last but not least very nice staff, extremely helpful with our only negative.
Negative:
1)Room was very noisy- but we did happen to be by the elevator and door leading out to the garage. We asked if we could change rooms and immediately were given an option to take a much quiter room on the 4th floor, but after checking the 2 double room, i decided the king room was much more spacious and worth the extra noise during busy times.
Thank you high peaks for making our trip to lake placid a relaxing stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank silverstreak32
Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all I would like to thank this hotel for offering me the nice upgrade on their main building. My reservation was originally for the Lakeview building. I have stayed at the High Peaks before but this is my first time reviewing it.
The great thing about this hotel is the location, steps from Main St. and short walk to restaurants and shops. The amenities offered in here are very nice, the gym, the indoor pool, etc.
I stayed here for 2 days on 5/3/13, room 322. The room was big with a beautiful bathroom. My only disappointment was the bed. The mattress was uncomfortable because when I lay on it I sunk in at least a foot. It wasn't firm enough and that was a problem. In the room there was a sectional with a pull out Queen bed. I slept on it for the second night and it was uncomfortable as well. I dealt with the bed issues for both nights and definitely notified the front desk while checking out.
The last time I stayed here there was not a problem with the bed so i am guessing each room has different beds and mattresses. It was definitely unfortunate not being able to get a good night's rest especially after a long day of hiking the high peaks.
The room was mostly clean but I definitely saw a lot of dirty spots on the corners, under couch and hard to reach areas of the room, I didn't care much but I think the cleaning crew should do a better job.
The balcony was dusty with lots of spider webs. I had to wipe the seats and table so I could sit and enjoy dinner there.
The coffee in the room is just plain and not good. One hotel I have stayed at in town with a lesser rate offers Colombian coffee in its rooms. The coffee from here comes from who knows where and doesn't even have a fresh taste. Don't waste your time with it and go to a local coffee shop.
The stairs that lead to Main St. are in horrible shape and the gardening is very poor, if they charge so much for a night here why are there so many things wrong with this hotel? Where is the money going? None of my business but well I guess it is what it is.
The staff were friendly though when I checked in, the receptionist didn't mention the amenities and did not offer me the map of the building she gave other guests that checked in before me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our very first time staying at the High Peaks Resort, even though we've been to Lake Placid several times. I loved the convenient location of this resort, as it was walking distance to everything. The north end of main street has the quaint little restaurants with great food that we just love, such as The Cottage (across from Mirror Lake Inn), and the Brown Dog Cafe (which has recently moved & expanded to a larger location). The resort itself was very quiet at this time of year, and we took advantage of the lower rates and stayed 4 nights. The hotel was nice and peaceful in the mornings, it felt like we had the entire floor to ourselves! Next time, I would request a lake/mountain view room, as we were facing the mountains, and the main building. Not sure why they put us off to the side, as we seemed to be very few guests in the hotel.

The bedrooms were well appointed, with a nice leather couch, and flat screen tv. I was not a fan of the bathroom door however, is it was a partially frosted glass pane embedded in a pocket door. It was located next to the closet, so if someone was in the washroom and trying to exit, they had to wait until you closed the closet door to get out. Not well designed in my opinion. If you are one who values your privacy in the washroom, this set up isn't for you.

Gym was well appointed with plenty of treadmills, a couple of exercise bikes, and eliptical machines. Free weights were there for your use, but not much space to take advantage of them (again, I was fine as it was not busy - but during peak season, I can imagine it gets a little tight in there for space)

Pool / hot tub area was nice, but within minutes my eyes began burning from the chlorine, and had to leave.

Restaurant has great pub-fair. I have to shout out kudos to Jason, our waiter, who was prompt and delivered great service with a smile!

Would I stay here again, for sure! The positive points outweighed the negatives by far.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked this awesome deal thru Travelzoo ,room 2 nights $134.00 total,plus tax....and we also recieved 2- 25.00 breakfast vouchers......and (hard to beieve right) 50.00 gift card which we used immediately in the pub when we arrived....room is really nice,extremely comfortable bed...awesome shower ..one negative,bathroom door provides very little privacy...indoor pool and hot tube is great, staff extremely friendly...and the dancing bear pub has great food and spirits....we truly can't believe what an amazing deal this is...we will not hesitate to grab another deal from travelzoo......

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple